Exercise Ideas for a couple (!)

leighrichy

Take up climbing! There is an adult introductory course at The Edge climbing wall on Mondays 7:30 - 9:30. (Saturday afternoons too) You attend 3 sessions and then you can become a member and go whenever you like. Perfect for couples, great for fitness, everyone is helpful and friendly and it's a bit of a challenge too if you're not used to this type of activity. There's also The Foundry and The Matrix for climbing indoors so you don;t always have to go to the same place.

PM me if you want some more info.

This might sound really stupid, but my husband has a PS2 and he was bought a dance mat last christmas, the game it came with had some calorie burner dance excercises on it which really get you moving about, but having a laugh at the same time..!

It's actually quite addictive, but the neighbours must wonder what we're up to!

Buy a Monthly leisure pass for Ponds Forge, this gives you access to a wide range of activites within the centre, and all other centres including Hillboro', Concorde, Don Valley, etc.

I have one, and regularly end up at ponds forge!

Thinks to do using pass!

Lane Swimming / Leisure Swimming:

I find that swimming is a brilliant way to work out, it would be suitable in helping to lose weight, and another advantage is that it tends to help people relax rather than stress!

Gym:

All your gym equipment, I know you don't really fancy going to the gym, but the opportunity is there with the pass!

Ponds Forge - Steam Room / Sauna:

All inclusive in the pass, also helps to relax both muscles and mentally!

hi, i started going to a kung fu class at millenium hall, ecclesall rd, mondays 8-10 and it's quite easy to pick up and not at all athletic. sort of gentle exercise with the added dimention of learning to kick butt! found the instructor to be a decent human being, not at all like the drill-sergant-type karate instructors of my youth.

hi If you have a Tuesday or Thursday free. Why not try roller blading at skate central (formally Queens road ice rink) Queens road, its 5 minutes from city centre, has a free car park, a bar, coffee shop, its open 6pm till 9pm, if you get in before 7pm its only £2.50 icluding hire of skates ( eigther inline or quads). its alot of fun and good exercise.

Archived