Exercise Ideas for a couple (!)

leighrichy

Originally posted by nigsmig

hi, i started going to a kung fu class at millenium hall, ecclesall rd, mondays 8-10 and it's quite easy to pick up and not at all athletic. sort of gentle exercise with the added dimention of learning to kick butt! found the instructor to be a decent human being, not at all like the drill-sergant-type karate instructors of my youth.

could you give me more detials of this, please?

telephone number etc...

hi leighrichy!

ok the instructor is called joe his telephone no. is 07944722230.

millenium hall is part of the polish centre just about opposite nonna's. the kung fu style is called wing chun. think this monday is the last sesh before xmas. apart from me and one of joe's mates all the students are beginners, but saying that the basics are easy to learn.

if it still appeals might see there.

Originally posted by leighrichy

Me and the wife have Monday evenings free together. We both want to be involved in an activity that helps lose weight. (please leave out the kinky comments)!

A gym is a bit boring.

Boxercise was a suggestion.

Any more ideas or suggestions?

Thanks.

Just **** her man!

• 3 weeks later...
Originally posted by Speedy_Jim

Have you tried squash or badminton? Both great fun, but if your partner loses as badly as mine does, maybe it's not such a great idea ;)

Badminton is good for players of similar and different abilities, but in squash it seems you only get a good game if your partner is of a very similar standard, but there is a variation - raquetball, same court, same rules but played with a shorter, large head raquet and a bigger, slower, bouncier ball.

If you are very different in abilities maybe joining a club is the answer, so you go out together, meet other people and both get games to suit your level. I run a badminton club at Concorde if you were interested (however this is on Wed evenings).

Archived