Need info on Middlewood hospital for poss script

theviker

Hi

I wonder if anyone can help me

I'm a director working on a possible future project regarding Middlewood hospital.

I'm originally from Sheffield and at the age of 10 I was taken to the hospital to visit a friend of the family who was committed there, once there i lost my parents and wondered around the corridors , until i was found. As you can imagine it was quite a traumatising event, which i never forgot, and further more all this took place in the winter around 5 o'clock.

I've been doing some research , regarding a script I am working on and would very much appreciate any info, contact you can give me.

I'm trying to find jpegs,history and anything else that may be of help.

You can contact me on at this e-mail address

Many thanks

Hope to hear from you soon

Vik

• 3 weeks later...

I trained at Middlewood 86-89. A friend of mine has written an excellent short story based around visits to her Mother who was an inpatient at a hospital which although not specifically Middlewood certainly to me (as one who knows) really conveys the atmosphere strikingly well.(I'd have to ask her permission to let you see this) If you need some background on general stuff, anecdotes,and the "feel" of the place , then I'd be very pleased to help out. PM me if you are interested.

Halibut.

Archived