Would you risk your life for your dog?

What if it was a choice between someone you didn't like and a dog that was going around, making puppies, defecating in gardens, chasing postmen, biting people and jumping in freezing water?
That would not be my dog. Sounds more like a chav's dog, which I would not necessarily wish to bother saving.

Either way, I wouldn't get my shoes wet for somebody I didn't like. Clearly if I don't like somebody, I don't think the world a better place for having them, so I'm hardly going to go out of my way to preserve them.

Why would I? If the answer is 'because they're human and human life is precious', then my retort would be that I don't see it as precious, at all.

No, I'd call for help once my dog was safe. I just don't get all excited about the value of 'human life'. There are aver 6 billion humans on the planet, most in areas that are overcrowded, many don't have enough food, and most just keep breeding.

If we were anything but 'humans', the argument for culling would be overwhelming.

This attitude is fine, but you have to expect that people would apply it if it happened to be you drowning. That's why most people would try to save someone, because if the situation were reversed they'd want someone to try to save them.

Maybe you're lacking in empathy.

This attitude is fine, but you have to expect that people would apply it if it happened to be you drowning. That's why most people would try to save someone, because if the situation were reversed they'd want someone to try to save them.

Maybe you're lacking in empathy.

I certainly am - I think empathy's over-rated.

But remember I didn't say I wouldn't help anyone - it's just that I wouldn't help people I found undesireable - perhaps a matter of where each of us would draw the line for acceptable risk/inconvenience.

Not a statement as a such. There was an implication that there was no difference between a child and a dog.

I didn't see that implication, I saw an implication that they were both important to some people. To someone without a child the dog might be there most important companion in the world.

I didn't see that implication, I saw an implication that they were both important to some people. To someone without a child the dog might be there most important companion in the world.

Indeed that is the case, I have no children.. but I view my dogs as such and I would protect them as any parent would protect their child. Madness to some no doubt, but then I personally think having kids is bonkers! :D

Some guy who lives near me is arrogant,obnoxious,jealous,and ojectionable,to many people.....

If he was drowning would i try to save him,without hesitation NO,however if it was his dog a yep would give it a try,with in reason.....

Would i try to save any of my own 3 dogs a definate without hesitation YES.

Archived