Would you risk your life for your dog?

It depends on what you qualify as risk. Would i leap off a 50ft cliff to rocks below - No.

Would i be tempted to walk over thin ice on Rother Valley Lakes, probably.

In actual fact the guy appears to have thought his actions through quite well(aprting from falling in).

It depends on what you qualify as risk. Would i leap off a 50ft cliff to rocks below - No.

In actual fact the guy appears to have thought his actions through quite well(aprting from falling in).

Fire Service didn't think so

An Essex Fire Service spokesman said: "This was extremely dangerous."

Fire Service didn't think so

An Essex Fire Service spokesman said: "This was extremely dangerous."

The fire service weren't called so it's non of their business imho. If they'd been called they could reprimand him imo.

In fact who decided to mention it to the fire service ?

Have 'done so' (-ish) twice in years past (well...maybe not life, but certainly a limb or two at stake :D - would you take on, bare-handed, a great dane/two alsatians that have just pounced on your dog out of nowhere, no owners in sight?)

So, yes - within limits (pretty much as willman put it, actually).

The fire service weren't called so it's non of their business imho. If they'd been called they could reprimand him imo.

In fact who decided to mention it to the fire service ?

Who knows who contacted the Fire Service, maybe the BBC.

The Fire Service do have a duty to inform the slow witted amoungst us against idiotic practices.

To be fair, you prove the point quite well

Just seen this story about a man crawling over the ice to rescue his dog and wondered how many others here would do the same. He has been condemned by the local fire service.

Luckily both he and the dog survived.

Fire brigade ought to keep their gobs shut. They wouldn't even climb down a hole near to where i live to save a woman,(she died)

I would not save a dog in the water unless i knew the river well.

Who knows who contacted the Fire Service, maybe the BBC.

The Fire Service do have a duty to inform the slow witted amoungst us against idiotic practices.

To be fair, you prove the point quite well

The Fire Service aren't qualified or entrusted with safety regarding water or ice - they're FIREmen. According to the HMRC their role is FIRE safety.

Archived