How many calories do you need to burn

kelibobs

Its the type of training that you do that counts.

Fat burning all the way, do the right sort of training and you will be begin to see changes within 7-14 days (yes days)

Is that actually true?

Surely if each 1lb of fat contains about 3,500 calories, it doesn't matter if I burn them off by twiddling my thumbs on the playsation or by running up a hill dragging a car tyre? Although obviously the latter will burn them more quickly.

Is that actually true?

Surely if each 1lb of fat contains about 3,500 calories, it doesn't matter if I burn them off by twiddling my thumbs on the playsation or by running up a hill dragging a car tyre? Although obviously the latter will burn them more quickly.

100% true.

Class members who begin their training at our fitness sessions will begin to see real changes within 7-14 days.

With healthy eating (not dieting) one class member who started training 3 sessions ago is now 1stone and 3 pounds .

lighter.

Loss of excess weight is one of the benefits training with us brings. The main benefit is a toning up of the body and of course the huge increase in fitness. As we are a fitness club, this is to be expected.

100% true.

Class members who begin their training at our fitness sessions will begin to see real changes within 7-14 days.

With healthy eating (not dieting) one class member who started training 3 sessions ago is now 1stone and 3 pounds .

lighter.

Loss of excess weight is one of the benefits training with us brings. The main benefit is a toning up of the body and of course the huge increase in fitness. As we are a fitness club, this is to be expected.

That doesn't answer my question though.

Say for example that if someone at your class lost 1lb of fat in a week - that implies they used 3500 calories more in that week than they consumed.

They could also have lost 1lb of fat by doing less strenuous exercise for a lot longer.

Of course if you exercise your whole body you get other benefits - I'm not knocking your classes, I bet they're really great for motivation, structure and encouragement - just saying that it doesn't matter so much how you use the calories, as long as you use them.

Is that actually true?

Correct, yes, but fat burning also supercharges your metabolism, which, in turn, helps you burn more fat and keeps your metabolism higher for longer.

Can you explain something about "fat burning" to me please?

I went on a treadmill at the gym and one of the programmes was for fat burning. I selected that programme and found it was far too easy, much easier than the cardio workout that I'd normally do.

How can a less strenuous exercise be better at burning fat than a more strenuous one?

Can you explain something about "fat burning" to me please?

I went on a treadmill at the gym and one of the programmes was for fat burning. I selected that programme and found it was far too easy, much easier than the cardio workout that I'd normally do.

How can a less strenuous exercise be better at burning fat than a more strenuous one?

I think the it's because if you need a burst of energy your body gets it from a source that's easier (and therefore quicker) to access than fat. If it's fairly low level but constant demand it's worth your body bothering to convert fat to energy. Or something like that.

Archived