Reviews on Pronuptia

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I had made an appoinment recently to look at Bridesmaid dresses and possibly dresses for myself. I had heard the bad reviews but decided to give them the benefit of the doubt and try for myself. We arrived at the shop early for the appoinment only to be told rather rudely and repeatedly that we would have to leave and come back when it was our appointment time. We left the shop feeling as though we had almost been thrown out. There were two young girls in at the time with their Dad that as we arrived we heard them being told in the same manner "you can look but you can't try anything on as we have an appoinment in the next 20mins" There was I the appointment (i presume) being turned away, which only really made it seem worse to us. Needless to say I chose to not return for my appointment and instead took my custom and the large order that would have gone with it elsewhere.

On the other hand I have had really positive experiences with Choola, Blushes and especially Tickled Pink (In Doncaster but well worth the trip).

Is this shop on Eccie Road? If so, my daughter and I dropped in, en passant, and were practically thrown out too. "No, no, we don't really do Mother of the Bride stuff, just bridal but you have to make an appointment and we're quite busy"

Love their online site - "Pronuptia Sheffield. It's a big day!!! feel Special..."

We felt very special, not. Ever get the feeling that they just don't want your custom? :) Needless to say, she didn't go back either.

Berkertex in town opposite Debenhams is owned by pronuptua.

Staff were amazing but felt forced into buying things we didnt need. E.g suggested I paid extra for longer length n guess what... Have to get the extra length removed but won't be giving them anymore of our money. £160 for an alteration that I didn't need in first place. Don't think so. Off to bella brides.

Archived