Electronic craft cutters

Spanna2005

I can't remember which make mine is. I do know there are two manufacturers of Silhouette as I phoned the supplier to ask why the new downloaded software would work. She explained about the two companies.

I don't know about the Cricut, too confusing. There are so many bits you can have but might not need. It might be that the 'design studio' just lets you weld, flip and change the size of the images you buy and not design from scratch, I have no idea.

I have seen these advertised before and liked the idea but never really looked into them before. The ones that you can cut your own designs, how does that work exactly? If say I wanted to draw a design out on paper first could I then scan this in and draw round the image on the supplied software to create a custom design? Hope this makes sense.

I have seen these advertised before and liked the idea but never really looked into them before. The ones that you can cut your own designs, how does that work exactly? If say I wanted to draw a design out on paper first could I then scan this in and draw round the image on the supplied software to create a custom design? Hope this makes sense.

Yes, Ive seen it done on TV. I have NO IDEA how to do it myself though :hihi:

You can also buy designs that other people have designed and download to your machine.

HI I have a craft robo machine. you can see many instructions on you tube and also you can get free files for the machine on there own site. Also free design files which are called gsd files on ukscrappers craft site. You do need to be a member but once you are its fab. Many people on there forum do help with things as well if you arent sure how to do stuff.

http://www.ukscrappers.co.uk/

Yes, Ive seen it done on TV. I have NO IDEA how to do it myself though :hihi:

You can also buy designs that other people have designed and download to your machine.

Thanks anyway. I will have a look into how to do it. Not so bothered about other peoples designs which is what I thought these machines were for. That's the main reason I didn't look into them too much. But really like the idea of being able to design my off stuff to be cut out.

• 9 months later...

Im looking into a cutting machine but don't want to have to keep paying our for dies cartridges or expensive down loads what do you recommend I just orders a grand callibur for embossing etc but wanted a electronic cutter got chance of a cricut create with 4 cartridges second head but I want to buy cheapest long term

Buy one where you can download shapes for a few pounds fro their own website or buy them from any private designer. I have a Quickutz Silhouette that you can do this with but I tend to use my bigshot more. I only buy dies I'm going to use a lot.

Archived