P&O ferries Duty Free limits

Anybody used ferries to Europe/The EU this year,how many cigarettes were allowed in because Iv read that the guidelines have now been reduced to 800 cigarettes from 3200 ..are they strict on this number or are they allowing any leeway......They kept the reduction quiet

i thought it was 800 outside of the eu and unlimited inside as you had paid duty on them

No it was 200 outside the EU and the guidelines were 3200 between EU countries they have now changed the guidelines it seems to 800 and I was wondering if they were being strict on these guidelines as i am going to book a mini cruise and I was asked to bring some cigarettes back for a friend(I dont smoke)

No it was 200 outside the EU and the guidelines were 3200 between EU countries they have now changed the guidelines it seems to 800 and I was wondering if they were being strict on these guidelines as i am going to book a mini cruise and I was asked to bring some cigarettes back for a friend(I dont smoke)

You're not allowed to bring any at all back for a friend.

It's ridiculous the rules are unlimited from within the EU (EU tax paid) as long as they are for personal use or a gift, but the Government obviously doesn't like that idea because it's losing out on all that lovely tax revenue so they get the Customs to carry out a bit of state sanctioned piracy, and often take anymore than 800 off you..

Archived