Healthcare is this what Cameron wants?

The tories are trying to sell off the NHS, they just won't admit it.

I don't even think that's the worst of the problem; Labour already effectively privatised a lot of the NHS, albeit by stealth. All the tories are doing is delivering the final blow. I think that the main problem with the new bill is that it does not oblige the new commissioners to provide services to all patients, so some patients will see themselves unable to access treatment (which may perhaps become available to them if they financially contribute)

That one liner makes no sense. You'd better explain how the apparently false claim is akin to privatisation.

I have explained it earlier in this thread. The bill does not oblige commissioners to commission services to all patients within their geographic area, unlike the obligations PCTs are currently under. By removing that obligation, provision of services becomes much cheaper. The same is currently true of the ISTCs who treat the uncomplicated cases, hence turning a profit. At the moment however those more complicated patients will still be treated by their local acute NHS hospital. That isn't provided for in the new bill.

http://www.itv.com/news/pm-playing-divide-and-rule-on-nhs98896/

Looking at the above link, Cameron appears to have made a decision not to invite some of the most important representatives of public health provision to tomorrow's meeting. Obviously this meeting is likely to have no importance or impact beyond a photo opportunity, but how interesting that even for such an anodyne event he can't share a meeting room with groups who have criticised the bill.

I wonder if, on a weekend that even William Hague has given the bill a wide berth, Cameron is starting to see the error of his ways?

Archived