Looking for a new Gym!

Tone09

Hello

I would like to canvass some opinions please.

I need to lose a lot of weight and get fit and I am looking for a gym to join (after my contract with Fitness Unlimited expired).

The monthly costs isn't a massive issue (although the smaller the fee the better obviously) but I am looking for a gym where I will feel comfortable and would welcome someone like me who really is near the bottom rung when it comes to fitness.

I have read a lot of posts on here and there seems to be varying opinions on places like Virgin, Pure Gym etc etc.

Ideally I would like a gym which has decent cardio equipment, a pool would be good to and somewhere where the staff and members are friendly too.

Any opinions on the hotel based health clubs (St Pauls, Hilton etc) would be useful too.

I live in south Sheffield, so the closer to home the better I suppose.

Hello

I need to lose a lot of weight and get fit and I am looking for a gym to join (after my contract with Fitness Unlimited expired).

The monthly costs isn't a massive issue (although the smaller the fee the better obviously) but I am looking for a gym where I will feel comfortable and would welcome someone like me who really is near the bottom rung when it comes to fitness.

I have read a lot of posts on here and there seems to be varying opinions on places like Virgin, Pure Gym etc etc.

Ideally I would like a gym which has decent cardio equipment, a pool would be good to and somewhere where the staff and members are friendly too.

Any opinions on the hotel based health clubs (St Pauls, Hilton etc) would be useful too.

if youve been a member of fitness unlimited and have still not achieved your goals then it is worth looking at what effort you are putting into your training.

i live near the NGH now but go to revolution gym on bridgegate in rotherham centre. the owner, jon is a bodybuilding champion, he also has a gym near crystal peaks which is ideal for you. the crystal peaks gym has all the fitness gear you could need while the rotherham one also has a room for circuit training, boxing, karate, zumba, aerobics etc,. you dont need to pay a years membership, you just pay per visit or class. you can weight and cardio train at crystal and come to rotherham for bootcamp circuits and we have a running club too. rotherham leisure centre is not much further if you want to swim.

whats more, it is not the sterile training environment like fit 1st so you will make some great friends and get lots of encouragement.

i've been going since 1992. need i say more?

you are welcome to text me and i can introduce you to everyone and get you sorted with a fitness timetable.

good luck.

Hello

evolution gym is on carley drive, westfield. s20 8nq. tel 01142 483249 speak to jon. tell him reg from rotherham gym sent you.

Fitness sessions all around the city, train once a week to see real results.

Sessions cost between £4.50 and £5, so over a month it will cost £19 - £20.

As you are not tied into any contracts with us, if we don't deliver, then you simply take your money with you, and walk away.

We are at Westfield Sports Centre next Tuesday at 7.15pm, so if you fancy coming along then feel free.

Most gyms offer a free trial or at least a visit to look round - there's always some offer on to entice new members! Ring those in your area and arrange a visit. You can see the facilities for yourself and should be able to judge if the equipment, staff and general feel of the place is for you. Discuss the joining fees and contracts in detail - so you know what you're letting yourself in for. Don't be bullied into signing up there and then.

Hi, I'm a member of the Sheffield Pure Gym and I've got to admit, it's definitely one of the best gyms I've been too! The staff are all friendly and I'm thinking about getting a personal trainer to get myself ready for summer and I'm doing the Manchester 10k run for the first time, so think it's a good idea to get some help! I've managed to drag my friends along and it's cheap, but there's no swimming pool or sauna. There's loads of equipment and free classes too! I've been hitting the gym for about 5 months now and I've already seen a difference! I'd definitely recommend Pure Gym to anyone! It's 24 hour too which is a bonus! :)

Archived