Without the Monarchy in place,who would you choose for President?

Who do you think would be the right person for the position,presuming that we expected the Prime Minister to remain in the same position.

Do you think having a President taking over the duties of the Queen would be necessary?

If so would you choose a Celebrity someone outspoken and charming like Simon Cowell or Jeremy Clarkson!

I'd prefer Jeremy Paxman to Jeremy Clarkson
I prefer Jeremy Paxman

Andrew Marr :)...

...or Jo Brand :twisted:

I do think a woman would do a better job,but you know how judgemental some people can be about a womans appearence,a man could be as ugly as sin and it wouldn't matter but not a woman.

I think Joanna Lumley would be a good choice.

A President in the UK? Won't happen, contrary to popular belief we are NOTthe 51st US State.

The fact that the UK Government are so far up the US Establishment's back side it's not funny, not withstanding.

I agree to Elizabeth and Joanna Lumley. I think it is great we have an unelected representative who will be there for a very long time establishing relationships with representatives from other countries-the monarchy is a good way to do that (and I wouldn't want the job). Joanna lumley is a good second choice although if these other heads of state saw clips of her as patsy we could end up at war:hihi:

Archived