Without the Monarchy in place,who would you choose for President?

I've thought carefully about this and in the event of us being forced to have a President (God forbid) i am going along with other suggestions.It would need to be someone diplomatic, so i'm going for Geoff Boycott or Dennis Skinner.

I've thought carefully about this and in the event of us being forced to have a President (God forbid) i am going along with other suggestions.It would need to be someone diplomatic, so i'm going for Geoff Boycott or Dennis Skinner.

You know what they say about sarcasm :rolleyes:

You know what they say about sarcasm :rolleyes:

Yes "its the lowest form of wit" but you know what,i really do quite admire those two Yorkshiremen and especially Dennis Skinner whose principles i really respect,in spite of him being a very vocal anti-monarchist

Now I know you are having a laugh. Well done, you've had people hooked for a few days but this is a post too far.

Boycott and Chomsky are too old, even if you did think they were suitable, which they are not (though for different reasons).

the best candidate by a mile is Trevor Brooking, the former West Ham United midfielder. He's the right age, and with considerable political experience despite never having run for any political office in his entire life.

That's a very controversial view of a man that tried to instigate national panic through futuristic visions of what "the black man" would do to the white man.

No, he never said "Rivers of Blood". Here's what he did say, quoting the Sibyl prophesies in the epic poem Aeneid, 6, 86-7, of "wars, terrible wars, / and the Tiber foaming with much blood" when forecasting- accurately- the future problems that he feared:

As I look ahead, I am filled with foreboding. Like the Roman, I seem to see "the River Tiber foaming with much blood".

For more, see http://uk.ask.com/wiki/Rivers_of_Blood_speech

Archived