"Excessive Drinking the scandal of our Society"

I hadn't heard anything about those "drunk tank" cells they have in the US, until today.David Cameron wants to introduce them here.

That may be one of his better ideas?...I wonder?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-17036826

a drunk tank is simply a cell where a person is put until they sober up usually with just a mattress,nothing new I slept in a few back in the 70's;)

The problem with dipsomania as stated is knowing your limits.

It depends on how an individuals enzymes break down the alcohol.

When a dipsomaniac drinks alcohol the body struggles to break down the alcohol. The body goes into a thirst mode and the drinker drinks more and more until he/she goes into an alcohol blackout (the drinker goes into something similar to sleep walking) until they can not regulate their emotions or actions in an healthy way.

The trick is to know when the thirst mode starts (enzymes can't cope with the alcohol) it maybe after only having two drinks, then switch to as many non-alcoholic drinks as you like.

Famous dipsomanics include Marilyn Monroe and Ernest Hemingway.

The problem with dipsomania as stated is knowing your limits.

It depends on how an individuals enzymes break down the alcohol.

When a dipsomaniac drinks alcohol the body struggles to break down the alcohol. The body goes into a thirst mode and the drinker drinks more and more until he/she goes into an alcohol blackout (the drinker goes into something similar to sleep walking) until they can not regulate their emotions or actions in an healthy way.

The trick is to know when the thirst mode starts (enzymes can't cope with the alcohol) it maybe after only having two drinks, then switch to as many non-alcoholic drinks as you like.

Famous dipsomanics include Marilyn Monroe and Ernest Hemingway.

Is that the same as alcoholism? There are a lot of famous people with that condition.

A skipper who made his crew drink lime juice? - And particularly one who wasn't too keen on them getting a daily tot.

They would probably have had beer to drink, however - you wouldn't want them becoming ill through drinking foul water. ;)

Some one who does not take the pint per day of limejuice, possible alternative meaning.

Ive not read all the threads so i dnt know if the question has already been asked, but why alcholics get an alcholic allowance?( more drink..)shouldnt they be helped some other way- councilling, medication,detox ect. It seems bizaar!! I know someone close to me who is on the sick because of alcolism (deteriorating fast) gets an alcoholic allowance, and the social pay for their reidence in the room above the pub. How can this be justified? I would just like to point out that i am not discriminating alcoholics.

Ive not read all the threads so i dnt know if the question has already been asked, but why alcholics get an alcholic allowance?( more drink..)shouldnt they be helped some other way- councilling, medication,detox ect. It seems bizaar!! I know someone close to me who is on the sick because of alcolism (deteriorating fast) gets an alcoholic allowance, and the social pay for their reidence in the room above the pub. How can this be justified? I would just like to point out that i am not discriminating alcoholics.

alcoholics allowence??? :confused::huh::suspect:

Archived