Residents Set Up Fake Speed Camera

A Resident of a Nottinghamshire village has set up a "Fake" speed camera on his land at the side of a main road through his village ,where he claims motorists are travelling at speeds of up to 130 MPH on motorbikes :suspect:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-nottinghamshire-16883058

The council say they cant make him remove it as its on his land ,but he could end up in court if someone has a smash after being distracted by the "Fake" camera.

And hopefully, more than a little support.

How can a driver be 'distracted' by seeing a yellow box in somebody's garden?

Should such a person be driving/riding a bike?

Agreed ,but there will always be someone who will claim his box made them crash ,and try to claim.

A Resident of a Nottinghamshire village has set up a "Fake" speed camera on his land at the side of a main road through his village ,where he claims motorists are travelling at speeds of up to 130 MPH on motorbikes :suspect:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-nottinghamshire-16883058

The council say they cant make him remove it as its on his land ,but he could end up in court if someone has a smash after being distracted by the "Fake" camera.

The home owner did not comment on the BBC article, a local man says bikes are capable of doing those speeds not that they were.

I fully support him, it looks like a decent job too, my only question is it looks like the fake camera overhangs a public pathway would this not give somone if they desired the reason to have it removed?

How can a driver be 'distracted' by seeing a yellow box in somebody's garden?

It's the usual nonsense argument that leaps to a petty official's mind when they decide they don't like something but don't know why.

For example, if you hold a protest banner at the side of the road or unfurl one from a road bridge, the boys in flourescent yellow will soon arrive to mutter about distracting traffic.

But if you put up an enormous advertising hoarding bearing a clutch of scantily clad ladies and some text, that's fine.

I know which I find the most distracting!

Archived