CSA..Is it just me that thinks its a joke?

Is it not something to do with the old tradition of Mum stays at home and looks after the kids whilst Dad goes to work? So if the parents plit up, mum stays in the home and looks after the kids, the Dad leaves but goes to work to pay for them?

Personally I think it stinks the way CSA works things out sometimes. Which ever parent has custody of them, they should be made to pay equally. I've known a few mothers who rant that their children's Dad only pays x amount and they have to pay for everything else, but they don't actually earn any of the money like the father does, it all comes from child benefit and child tax credit.

Doesn't the first half of your post explain the second.

If the parents had not split up would the father be paying for his children then while the mother stayed at home?

Its not M15.

"If the CSA decides the decision is correct, it will tell the parent who questioned the decision that the original decision still stands.

If that parent isn't satisfied, they have the right to appeal against the decision, if that decision is about a child maintenance amount. There is no right of appeal against decisions about when and how child maintenance is paid.

An appeal is a formal process, handled by the Ministry of Justice. An independent tribunal will take another look at the CSA’s decision. It may take a long time to come to a result"

http://www.direct.gov.uk/en/Parents/ChildMaintenance/IfyourealreadyusingtheChildSupportAgency/DG_199049

Love the line about it taking a long time to come to a result :hihi:

I think the CSA should make both parents pay in equal amounts. At the moment one parent can do nothing and the working absent parent has to pay anything up to 40% of their wage, not exactly equal.

Well this works for me; my daughters dad quit his job when the CSA got in touch with him, and now pays just £5 a week for her. I spend a lot more than that on her, so it would be nice to have more financial support from him.

Doesn't the first half of your post explain the second.

If the parents had not split up would the father be paying for his children then while the mother stayed at home?

I see where you're coming from but if they'd stayed together, the amount CSA take from his wages would have probably been spent on other things for the whole family. Keeping his ex in extra cash is not his responsibility.

There are not many women who, once receiving CSA payments, spend more on their children. I do know some who suddenly go out on the town more often though.

My point is that, once children are in school full time there is no reason why both parents can't work. If those parents aren't together then they should both pay out from their wages. If the government can work out JSA payments by saying you need x amount to live on a week, why don't they do the same for CSA payments? So 1 child needs £100 a week. £100 - £20(?) child benefit, - £40(?) leaves £40 needed. So that's £20 out of each parents pocket. The percentage of earnings, in my eyes, doesn't work because it is equivalent to saying that one average child needs more money to live on than the average kid next door.

My ex pays £10 a fortnight for my two kids, forced I will add by the CSA who I did not contact. He doesn't wish to see them, doesn't have any contact with them at all so personally I think he should at least pay for them but he refuses to work because he doesn't want to have to pay for them.

If however a father shares responsibility of his children, has them stop over at his overnight regularly, sees them regularly and feeds, clothes them etc whilst they are there then why should they pay again?

Very often the child also stays at the absent parents house over the weekend. I don't think asking for a fair share would be that hard.

For every day/night the non-resident parent regularly has the child, the maintenance is reduced by 1/7, so they don't have to pay for when they actually have the child.

Is it not something to do with the old tradition of Mum stays at home and looks after the kids whilst Dad goes to work? So if the parents plit up, mum stays in the home and looks after the kids, the Dad leaves but goes to work to pay for them?

Personally I think it stinks the way CSA works things out sometimes. Which ever parent has custody of them, they should be made to pay equally. I've known a few mothers who rant that their children's Dad only pays x amount and they have to pay for everything else, but they don't actually earn any of the money like the father does, it all comes from child benefit and child tax credit.

I pay £185 per month and I don't get anything from a 10 year relationship , not even a phone call. However I do get a call from the CSA the second my payment has been delayed for any reason.

Mother ran off with a man off Facebook to places unknown and I the innocent party have to pay up for the pleasure of not seeing my own daughter, and to boot I can't have any more kids !

She took my child she refuses to let me see and I have no contact therefore she SHOULD forfeit any payment.

Well this works for me; my daughters dad quit his job when the CSA got in touch with him, and now pays just £5 a week for her. I spend a lot more than that on her, so it would be nice to have more financial support from him.

Exactly, it is not fair if either side play that game :( and that is when it is selfish.

If people are asked to pay too much it makes it more cost effective for them to quit their job if they are low paid. The CSA can legally leave with them the same amount to live off as someone claiming dole each week (which is just over £40 a week after taking a max of 40% of the wage before tax) however because they are working they do not get help with rent or any other bennefits like free dentist/ prescriptions, so this is when people chose to give up work as they get to the point they cannot afford to eat/ travel to get to work.

It is really quite a nasty situation for everyone involved as no one is happy.

I pay £185 per month and I don't get anything from a 10 year relationship , not even a phone call. However I do get a call from the CSA the second my payment has been delayed for any reason.

Mother ran off with a man off Facebook to places unknown and I the innocent party have to pay up for the pleasure of not seeing my own daughter, and to boot I can't have any more kids !

She took my child she refuses to let me see and I have no contact therefore she SHOULD forfeit any payment.

Can you not take her to court for access?

Remember though that, at some point in your daughters life, it is very likely that she will come looking for you and demand to know what you did to attempt to see her and pay towards her. By paying your ex cannot hold that against you, plus you can hope that your daughter has everything she needs because of your payments.

Still stinks.

Archived