CSA..Is it just me that thinks its a joke?

For every day/night the non-resident parent regularly has the child, the maintenance is reduced by 1/7, so they don't have to pay for when they actually have the child.

Only if the parent says that the other parent has them for at least 52 nights a year. All they have to do is lie and say no and the payments are not reduced.

Only if the parent says that the other parent has them for at least 52 nights a year. All they have to do is lie and say no and the payments are not reduced.

Well yes, you make a fair point. I assumed there was some way they checked - don't ask me how, but I thought they made sure it was the truth.

Well yes, you make a fair point. I assumed there was some way they checked - don't ask me how, but I thought they made sure it was the truth.

The CSA seem to have quite odd rules. Like I said about payments some types are accepted other are not, to deal with the CSA you have to know the rules better then they do and play the system.

However this leads it open to abuse from all sides.

No they generally take the main carers word for it. You can send them a diary of which nights the child stopped but they still go back to the main carer for verification so it's pretty pointless.

I pay £185 per month and I don't get anything from a 10 year relationship , not even a phone call. However I do get a call from the CSA the second my payment has been delayed for any reason.

Mother ran off with a man off Facebook to places unknown and I the innocent party have to pay up for the pleasure of not seeing my own daughter, and to boot I can't have any more kids !

She took my child she refuses to let me see and I have no contact therefore she SHOULD forfeit any payment.

I think your situation sounds really unfair. However, you are doing right by your child, she can't be blamed for her mother's behaviour. Can't you get access via the courts? Or is that just another can of worms?

The CSA seem to have quite odd rules.

I'll admit I'm on benefits myself (I worked til my daughter was due and fully intend to go back when she's at school full time) but even though I get more than him, the ratio spent on my daughter is so much more. I know I get more for gas etc for us both, but even in food, clothes etc. for HER I spend more. By the way, I'm not all about the money; for all I could care he can shove the cash up his a*se, I'd much prefer he actually SAW her.

I think your situation sounds really unfair. However, you are doing right by your child, she can't be blamed for her mother's behaviour. Can't you get access via the courts? Or is that just another can of worms?

Well last time I tried to see her as in the child , the crazy family of hers told the police I had a gun. I was promptly arrested and held 48hrs to be let free no charge. I was just glad I wasn't shot by the police marks men. Driven from Sheffield to Newark in back of an armed response Volvo isn't a nice thing to experience.

So in a way I know with the Neanderthal family i got involved in then maybe at arms reach is best. The family was in Mansfield and I now here back in Sheffield so it kind of works in a way , they can't hassle me. But for me it's the things I'm missing out on, I want to see her and be there but I know it will get spoilt by idiots.

Eric - couldn't you see her on your own, as in a contact centre? I know its not ideal but then you've not got anyone spoiling it for either of you, or being able to make up ludicrous stories?

Wouldn't work as they wouldn't show. See they wise to the game because everyone of them have played it with ex's, the culture down there seems to be to bed Working lads, have 3-4 kids by different farthers and collect the CSA.

I should have know but hey, say loves blind. :love:

My ex now collects 3x CSA for 3 kids to as many farthers. £600 a month or so is a nice screw if you play the game right.

Wouldn't work as they wouldn't show. See they wise to the game because everyone of them have played it with ex's, the culture down there seems to be to bed Working lads, have 3-4 kids by different farthers and collect the CSA.

I should have know but hey, say loves blind. :love:

My ex now collects 3x CSA for 3 kids to as many farthers. £600 a month or so is a nice screw if you play the game right.

If it's ordered by the court though, surely they then get into trouble for not showing up? And at least you could prove to your daughter that you tried if it doesn't work out.

Archived