CSA..Is it just me that thinks its a joke?

The problem with fining them is that it may not be the parent who misses out on going out etc but the children who suffer.

its this kind of argument that paralysis the whole issue and leaves us in the state we are in.

if a mother committed armed robbery and went to prison, that would mean her child would suffer, but we don't let them get off scott free for this reason, otherwise women with children would be immune to the law.

if the mother breaks the law or refuses to abide by a courts decision, she is opening herself up for prosecution and if found guilty her parenting skills should be brought into question and alternative living arrangements should be sort for the children, father, grand parents etc.

if a woman does as above, she is not a fit mother!

its this kind of argument that paralysis the whole issue and leaves us in the state we are in.

if a mother committed armed robbery and went to prison, that would mean her child would suffer, but we don't let them get off scott free for this reason, otherwise women with children would be immune to the law.

if the mother breaks the law or refuses to abide by a courts decision, she is opening herself up for prosecution and if found guilty her parenting skills should be brought into question and alternative living arrangements should be sort for the children, father, grand parents etc.

if a woman does as above, she is not a fit mother!

I fully agree with you but taking money away isn't the answer as they can only take so much so what about when they continue to deny access?

If there is no valid reason why the absent parent should not see the child then the resident parent should be taken to court and locked up if necessary, at least that way the absent parent gets to spend time with their child.

Either way ALL parents should pay for their children equally. I know there's the argument of ' she got pregnant on purpose' but the child will never think 'well he didn't agree to have me so it's OK'. Surely the child, whether planned or not is the most important thing?

I fully agree with you but taking money away isn't the answer as they can only take so much so what about when they continue to deny access?

If there is no valid reason why the absent parent should not see the child then the resident parent should be taken to court and locked up if necessary, at least that way the absent parent gets to spend time with their child.

Either way ALL parents should pay for their children equally. I know there's the argument of ' she got pregnant on purpose' but the child will never think 'well he didn't agree to have me so it's OK'. Surely the child, whether planned or not is the most important thing?

Plus how do you prove if they got pregnant on purpose? Too many people forget that when they split up the child is the most important thing and that it shouldn't be used as a weapon. Parents should also never bad mouth the other parent in front of the child, it is hard but in the end the child will make it's own mind up and if the other parent is as bad as you say they will soon realise it by themselves.

He could have gotten the snip if he was done with having children. Not all are effective, but if an accident did happen, then it was truly an accident.

Men take some responsibility and stop blaming women!

I make it clear in my post that he was using condoms and she had deliberately put holes in them she also claimed to be on the pill.

Why should he have the snip when he was taking precautions and she said she was too.

Archived