Over 350 die in prison fire in Honduras

it's not that unusual for fires to start in chaotic prison systems like in Honduras or other basket case/developing countries. Somebody just has to throw a petrol bomb into a confined space to seriously put the ****s up whoever is in there, and this might result in their death. Usually they are prisoner on prisoner murders, or warders intentionally killing prisoners, the fire is small and the number of victims is few. Loss of life here is very large scale though, notice how small the number of injured is according to the report, only 21, while the number of dead is said to be 350. Prisons in these sorts of countries are nothing like prisons in Europe at all.

The prison housed people convicted of serious crimes such as homicide and armed robbery, Danilo Orellana, director of the national prison system, told The Associated Press.
If they had been in for not paying their council tax I bet the official line on it would have been the same, there will no doubt be some that think 'so what'.

Its very sad when anyone dies and my thoughts are with the families of the victims.

R.I.P

Archived