PM says we are all better off as the United Kingdom

You'd better hope that The Boy Cameron succeeds in preserving the Union.

Boundary changes, Scottish independence and party funding reform could prevent Labour ever winning again.

Labour strategists have long warned of a nightmare scenario in which the party would likely never govern again. First, the coalition's proposed boundary changes are approved, depriving Labour of an estimated 25 seats (the Conservatives would have won 13 fewer seats at the last election and the Lib Dems would have won seven fewer).

Second, Alex Salmond holds a referendum on independence and Scotland votes Yes. Of the 59 Westminster seats in Scotland that automatically would be lost, 41 are Labour-held but just one is Conservative-held.

LINK

No Scottish Labour MPs might mean a permanent Tory majority in England.

You'd better hope that The Boy Cameron succeeds in preserving the Union.

LINK

No Scottish Labour MPs might mean a permanent Tory majority in England.

Strictly speaking there is a "permanent" Tory majority in England; only once in the last ten elections has England not returned an outright Tory majority.

If Welsh and Scottish constituencies were the same size as English ones, the 2001 and 2005 elections would have resulted in hung Parliaments and the 2010 election would have returned a Tory majority of about thirty. Because they are considerably smaller, we had what we had.

As a side note, I dare say some of the more ridiclous Tory supporters will argue that the only reason Labour wants to preserve the Union is so that it can retain a chance of power; I think the accusation is unfair.

I'm also fairly sure that if the scenario was reverse, people would accuse the Tories of wanting to preserve the Union only because it improved their chances of winning power. It's a charge that cannot be made, of course; if the Tories were only interested in their own access to Government, they'd be all in favour of Scotland walking out of the Union. They are not.

To say Cameron is a Clown would be insulting to Clowns IMO.. And I don't want http://www.clownsrus.com on my back! :lol: (that link probably doesn't work, I made it up).

Cameron studied Philosophy, Politics and Economics (PPE) at Oxford, gaining a first class honours degree.

You might not like him,but with that level of qualification he is no clown.Your siily link works by the way.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-scotland-politics-17052800

Look, what are you all worrying about?

Things are so much better since he took charge.

He says, or somebody did?

Do you actually have an opinion or point on the Scottish Independence question, or is this just a link and more digs at Cameron since your post doesn't say anything about it.

Archived