PM says we are all better off as the United Kingdom

With attitudes like yours is it any wonder the SNP are in government in Edinburgh?

My attitude largely stems from the belligerant anti-union, anti-Westminster and anti-English rehtoric which comes from the current SNP representatives.

Having talked to a few Scots about this issue, I think most of them don't want independence, they saw the SNP as the party most likely to fight for them, above anyone else. An undestandable if not slightly short sighted and selfish sentiment.

My argument is that, according the old addage 'speak softly and carry a big stick' the Union needs to have something to hit back with.

Salmond was forced to admit - on Newsnight I believe but not certain - that he expected the Bank of England to remain the lender of last resort. Cameron could make clear that the Bank of England would not guarantee the debts of an independent Scotland - after all, why should it? - I don't know if that would be as hard a line as you're suggesting.

That'd do me.

Salmond was forced to admit - on Newsnight I believe but not certain - that he expected the Bank of England to remain the lender of last resort. Cameron could make clear that the Bank of England would not guarantee the debts of an independent Scotland - after all, why should it? - I don't know if that would be as hard a line as you're suggesting.

And that's why the Scottish won't get their dance, independance geddit? :hihi:

Seriously, if the BoE won't bail them out, what does the Scottish Government do when they run out of money?

Archived