Putting one's foot down

how did you feel when you got punished,

Sore. I got the belt or the shoe. If i was lucky i just got a fist or a slap.

do you really want your son to feel that way?

No, thats why i dont use the belt, shoe, fist or slipper.

Have a chat to him, give him the benefit of the doubt and let him on his way,

I was prepared to do this, i asked 3 times for the truth and all three times i was told a lie so im sorry but they get no more chances to treat me like a fool.

everyone deserves a second chance.

See above comment.:)

Sore. I got the belt or the shoe. If i was lucky i just got a fist or a slap.

No, thats why i dont use the belt, shoe, fist or slipper.

I was prepared to do this, i asked 3 times for the truth and all three times i was told a lie so im sorry but they get no more chances to treat me like a fool.

See above comment.:)

What do you use then?

Do you think that the "said child" was afraid to tell you the truth in fear of some of your "sanctions"?

I cant see how.

We have (well i thought we had) a totaly honest relationship and

Its so rare for me to have to use any sanctions that i doubt it would be fear of losing the DS or TV for a day or 3.

I have to admit that im rather stumped.

I cant see how.

We have (well i thought we had) a totaly honest relationship and

Its so rare for me to have to use any sanctions that i doubt it would be fear of losing the DS or TV for a day or 3.

I have to admit that im rather stumped.

I think it is quite clear to be honest.

You obviously do not have the open honest relationship you think you have and usually a child will only lie when its to their benefit or they are afraid of telling the truth.

I wonder which one it is in this case but judging by the harsh punishment dished out its not rocket science to work it out.

I think it is quite clear to be honest.

You obviously do not have the open honest relationship you think you have and usually a child will only lie when its to their benefit or they are afraid of telling the truth.

I wonder which one it is in this case but judging by the harsh punishment dished out its not rocket science to work it out.

Harsh?

Harsh?

Taking away a treat (not a right) because said child wouldnt follow the house rules?

You call that harsh??

Go on the freud.

Enlighten me:roll:

For anyone else who cares to judge, then go right ahead:hihi:

Archived