Putting one's foot down

=Skirmisher;8587438]Mr Moran I have to ask if you are so big on honesty why are you saying most people are different to their online persona? I think the majority are the same in real life at least the ones I've met off here are so I think that's a sweeping generalisation my friend, with me WYSIWYG:hihi::hihi::hihi:

Edit, the above was quoted from Denlin, but the quote seems to have messed up..

I posted showing him up to be a liar himself, but after "reporting" my post, it got deleted.

Make of that what you will.

@ Kittenta, if the OP did not want anyone to speculate then surely he should either have made everything more clear or not bothered posting this at all.

@ Cyclone, it depends how harsh the "sanctions" are, for lying.

You are a really opinionated person 'skirmisher' is your life so perfect ?

Edit, the above was quoted from Denlin, but the quote seems to have messed up..

I posted showing him up to be a liar himself, but after "reporting" my post, it got deleted.

Make of that what you will.

@ Kittenta, if the OP did not want anyone to speculate then surely he should either have made everything more clear or not bothered posting this at all.

@ Cyclone, it depends how harsh the "sanctions" are, for lying.

You are a really opinionated person 'skirmisher' is your life so perfect ?

If you don't have opinions, you have nothing.

Do you have nothing Trashy Blonde?

Loads mate, loads and loads.

I got pasting after pasting for it too so learned not to lie.

Well, there was also an incident where i fired a pellet gun at someones window and they called the police who paid mum and dad a visit i tried to lie my way out of it till the copper (PC Whiticker) said, "Listen son, to be a liar you need a good memory, you havent got that so tell the truth"

I did, i was punnished and ive never lied to anyones face since.

Bit of a slow learner aren't you??

I think you've made a big mistake. The kid will remember this forever and will probably (rightly) think you are a complete b*****d. But by the sound of you, you probably won't give a monkey's.

I hope he gets to choose your nursing home......

Bit of a slow learner aren't you??

I think you've made a big mistake. The kid will remember this forever and will probably (rightly) think you are a complete b*****d. But by the sound of you, you probably won't give a monkey's.

I hope he gets to choose your nursing home......

I hope so too;)

If you don't have opinions, you have nothing.

Do you have nothing Trashy Blonde?

Not after my last relationship, No! but I am a better person for it Skirmisher and your point is ?

I don't have any points, just my opinions same as you :love:

By the way, yup, my life is perfect ta.

:confused::confused:

Erm, no. I learned not to lie:rolleyes:

How long did that take ?

Couldn't you just by pass all those years and talk to the child and use your hard taught wisdom to save the child from having to learn the hard way also ?

I think your post is a bit cryptic and did not get a lot of it, but from what I can make out you have more options open to you when dealing with this sort of thing than your parents had back when you was a kid, and given that you have had experience with it from your own past your in the best possible place to educate rather than punish away the bad behavior.

A poster earlier said they are not going to tell you what you should do, but I am, give the kid a break and stop the cycle as your grand kids are going to have to learn the hard way also.

You said you had to have your behavior punished out of you before you stopped doing it, and it seems you are still having to learn your own life experiences the hard way.

Think of all what you thought of your parents before the penny dropped for you, and now your willing to go through all that animosity from your children because you can't be bothered to pass on what you learnt orally.

Good luck, I doubt very much you know how to swallow your pride but If I were you I would give it a go, tell the child why the behavior is unacceptable, get assurances that they won't do it again, and then give them a hug and the benefit of the doubt and don't go to bed tonight with your kids thinking your a ....

Reading through this thread there are many parents who have openly said that Mr Moran handled the situation the wrong way. So, what do you do if your child lies to you?

Is there any difference in the way you handle it depending on the severity and / or reason for the lie?

Archived