When was Deerlands Avenue built?

TheGuy

That is really interesting what you ate saying about Deerlands Ave. I have often wondered why Deerlands Ave started at No. 19. I lived at No. 19 it had the Catholic Church next door to us on the corner.

Deerlands Ave started at No 1, Church Of Christ The King was newt door between No 1 and Barnsley Rd, not sure where you lived.:huh:

Bit of confusion here, I did live at No. 19 I have pictures of me outside with Catholic Church showing. I had a brother that also lived further down the road her lived at No.179. :huh:

You had a BROTHER that also lived further down the road HER lived at No 179.:huh::huh::huh:.

Deerlands Ave started at No 1, Church Of Christ The King was newt door between No 1 and Barnsley Rd, not sure where you lived.:huh:

Unfortunately that's incorrect.

There has never been a Number 1, 2, 3, 5 or 7 Deerlands Avenue.

Deerlands Avenue starts at Number 9 on one side and No 4 on the other.

The Church Of Christ The King was between No 9 and Barnsley Rd.

Bit of confusion here, I did live at No. 19.

I have pictures of me outside with Catholic Church showing.

Definately some confusion.

19 is the first house 'on the straight' AFTER Lindsay Avenue. (17 is the corner house)

Maybe you lived at Number 9 ?????

Hi All, I have solved the mystrey. I have been on Google Maps & found my old house. I stand corrected I did not live at No. 19 I lived at the house before No. 9, the mud will become clearer. :roll:

On Google maps if you type in 9, Deerlands ave you get the second house on there, this is how google puts the pink marker. I lived at the first house there is no front door to see as it is on the side of the house. Google Maps does not recognise this as the first house, maybe because there is no front door to see.

If you look at the first 3 houses, you see what was the Catholic Church next door to me when I lived there. It is now 'The Phonix Club'. I think I lived at No.9. I tried typing in 5,7,8, the Maps jump me beyond Lindsay Rd. If you zoom in on No.9 on the passageway to the back of that house it has a number 11 on the wall.

It looks as if Google Maps made a mistake by not recognising the first house as there is no door to see. This was confusing. :confused: :confused:

I think I lived at No.9.

I'm sure you did.

In fact the houses were built before the church (starting with number 9) but leaving room for the church.

If the church had failed to raise funds to build the church then Sheffield Corporation

were ready to slot in house numbers 1, 3, 5 & 7 between No 9 and Barnsley Road.

Archived