I will make 30 families homeless if you cut my £150k+ per year income.

http://www.theboltonnews.co.uk/news/9531735.___We_will_evict_if_law_is_changed____says_landlord/

But James Melly, who owns 30 properties in Bolton with his wife Malika, knows from experience that not all tenants will pass on the payment to landlords.
Technically he doesn't own them he merely rents them from the bank and daddy state pays the rent with Housing benefit in order to keep rents and houseprices high and force the serfs to pay high rents.

The last time such a system was brought in, he and his wife ended up £20,000 out of pocket, he said.

Currently, tenants receive their housing benefit direct, but if they default on their rent then the money is subsequently paid straight to landlords.

Mr Melly said: “Last time we became £20,000 in debt with our mortgage company.

“I was alarmed last week to hear that the newUniversal Credit system intends to pay tenants direct, yet again.

“As a business we have decided that should this policy of direct payments to tenants be continued with Universal Credit we will no longer be accepting tenants in receipt of this benefit in any of our 30 properties and the council will need to rehouse them.”

If he has 30 family properties in Bolton he will be getting some minimum (assumin 2 bed terraces), 30*£100 per week. That's £3k a week, or £156k+ a year, paid to hit out of state benefits.

He cries, don't cut me tenants housing benefits, don't pay it to them. PAY it to me, if you don't pay it to me am going to evict them!

Cut them bloody benefits, force them rents and houseprices down, lower the housing costs of these unemployed people so that they might be able to compete with foreign workers instead of being forced on to the dole, and bankrupt this greedy parasite while were at it and force him to work for a living too.

. . . . Technically he doesn't own them he merely rents them from the bank and daddy state pays the rent with Housing benefit in order to keep rents and houseprices high and force the serfs to pay high rents.
Like it or not, he does own them. I know several people with multiple rental properties. One has something like 45 student houses, and as he started in the rental game 30 years ago they're all paid for now.

Perhaps instead of complaining that some people own property, you could get a job, work long hours, build up savings for a deposit, buy a property and become a landlord yourself?

Landlords are not charities. If the landlord is to be left out of pocket, meaning he cannot pay the mortgages on those properties, it's his right to take those properties out of the rental market, or maybe rent them to people who can pay the market rate without needing state subsidy.

Archived