I will make 30 families homeless if you cut my £150k+ per year income.

and the bank owns them with the money we bailed them out with in our taxes

the bank doesn't own it.

the properties will be owned by this person, he may well have a mortgage or other loan which will be secured by the lender having a charge against the property

If he has 30 family properties in Bolton he will be getting some minimum (assumin 2 bed terraces), 30*£100 per week. That's £3k a week, or £156k+ a year, paid to hit out of state benefits.

and much of it will be going to service the loan, insurance premiums and maintaining the property.

He cries, don't cut me tenants housing benefits, don't pay it to them. PAY it to me, if you don't pay it to me am going to evict them!

except he doesn't cry anything about cutting benefits, he makes the quite valid point that if the benefits are paid to the tenant some of them will spend it on other things leaving him with all sorts of bills to pay and no money to pay them.

you really need to get over your rather childish jealously of those who have and are making something of their lives.

I find this Chem1st bloke amusing! Private landlords are helping people have somewhere to live. I really don't think a HB claimant is bothered about the taxpayer paying his rent so long as he has a roof over his head.

As for forcing the value of property down well what about the poor people who have bought in recent years? They could be forced into negative equity. Does he only care about tenants and not home owners? Selfish of him if you ask me.

I know of people who have jumped on the BTL band wagon and they are making very little if anything. It will improve the longer they rent the properties out and it is seen as a long term investment for their retirement in about 15+ years time.

Good luck to them I say. You have got to speculate to accumulate. Why cant he rant on about fuel prices and the rising cost of food? I see BP and Shell are always making profits but he doesn't complain about them profiteering. High fuel prices pushes up the price of everything.

Anyway, look forward to his next silly housing rant.

Like it or not, he does own them. I know several people with multiple rental properties. One has something like 45 student houses, and as he started in the rental game 30 years ago they're all paid for now.

Perhaps instead of complaining that some people own property, you could get a job, work long hours, build up savings for a deposit, buy a property and become a landlord yourself?

:thumbsup::clap:

I find this Chem1st bloke amusing! Private landlords are helping people have somewhere to live. I really don't think a HB claimant is bothered about the taxpayer paying his rent so long as he has a roof over his head.

As for forcing the value of property down well what about the poor people who have bought in recent years? They could be forced into negative equity. Does he only care about tenants and not home owners? Selfish of him if you ask me.

I know of people who have jumped on the BTL band wagon and they are making very little if anything. It will improve the longer they rent the properties out and it is seen as a long term investment for their retirement in about 15+ years time.

Good luck to them I say. You have got to speculate to accumulate. Why cant he rant on about fuel prices and the rising cost of food? I see BP and Shell are always making profits but he doesn't complain about them profiteering. High fuel prices pushes up the price of everything.

Anyway, look forward to his next silly housing rant.

Your right me and oh rent out a couple of properties and are seriously thinking of selling them, they really are more trouble than their worth. I fully sympathise with above landlord if you dont get the rent paid into your account then you will never see it!!

The amount of money you make is crap as all rents are capped by the Councils anyway, the properties we rent out are better than our own house as we can never afford to do ours as all our money goes into the rental properties.

I fail to understand why people expect to live somewhere for free I certainly don't.

and much of it will be going to service the loan, insurance premiums and maintaining the property.

except he doesn't cry anything about cutting benefits, he makes the quite valid point that if the benefits are paid to the tenant some of them will spend it on other things leaving him with all sorts of bills to pay and no money to pay them.

you really need to get over your rather childish jealously of those who have and are making something of their lives.

and don't forget the huge tax bill when letting properties , which will all be going back in to the coffers, and the 15% per cent that the letting agency cream off.

Your right me and oh rent out a couple of properties and are seriously thinking of selling them, they really are more trouble than their worth. I fully sympathise with above landlord if you dont get the rent paid into your account then you will never see it!!

The amount of money you make is crap as all rents are capped by the Councils anyway, the properties we rent out are better than our own house as we can never afford to do ours as all our money goes into the rental properties.

I fail to understand why people expect to live somewhere for free I certainly don't.

well get rid then and you wont have these problems will you ?

Archived