Shoeshine a great dad! Another good forummer gone.

Deleted all my previous login details and email from my old Forum name (savannah2), so rejoined just to post my condolences on a couple of threads.

Saddened to hear of the passing away of a great Forum friend Shoeshine.

We shared many private messages, some light hearted and humorous and others full of words of wisdom, from a person I had never met but held in high esteem.

In closing I pass on my deepest sympathies to all his family and friends.

RIP

Savannah

Shoeshine was one of the Forum's bright stars - his humanity, good sense, intelligence and humour shone through his many posts. Like several others on here, I had the pleasure of conversing with Peter by email, so got to know him a little as a person as well as a fine poster. RIP Shoeshine.

Thanks all for your lovely comments again. i dont think shoeshine realised how many friends he had. Again thank you very much. Shoeshines (peter my dad) funeral is on Thursday 1st March at rotherham crem (the one near mushroon garage) at 3.40pm anyone is welcome if they wish to attend :|

I've only just seen this thread. Very sad, my condolences to you and your family Rich.

Shoey was an eclectic chap, and sometimes when I had the mod hat on, like a slippery eel, but there was good grace behind it all.

Thats really sad, me and ya Dad got off on the wrong foot in the early days we had a ;lot of lets say heated "disagreements" but we became good forum pals.

He always had an opinion and so did I but we had some good chats on here over the years.....R.I.P Shoeshine

How the heck have I missed this thread?

So very, very sad to hear of Peter's passing. So many PMs between us, and so much to laugh about. Will miss the fella. RIP 'shoey' mate.

He was a 'one-off' Rich. Wish I'd met him in person.

Archived