History of Crookes, Evelyn Road, or old photos / maps??

thesocin

Hi,

I live on Evelyn Road in Crookes. I am interested in finding out about any of the local history in the area or even on Evelyn Road if I can. I have tried searching on here and on the internet but I haven't managed to find much yet. Has any one got any old stories or any ideas where I could look? Photos or old maps or anything else?

Thanks,

Nicos

Hi, Thanks for your reply but I was searching for a while for a post with that name and I couldnt find it. I'm quite new on here so I may not be that good at searching.

However I found another post called Crookes History with lots of interesting information on, if anyone one else is interested in reading, http://www.sheffieldforum.co.uk/showthread.php?t=113599&highlight=crookes&page=2

Thanks, the map is really interesting!

My house is on the end of the road and I thought that there used to be another house joined on to it which was knocked down because my end wall in newer than the rest of the house, but it looks like there wasn't.

I have been looking at it for ages looking at what has changed and speaking with my Gran listening to everything she can remember about how it used to be in Sheffield. It is also interesting looking at the center and how that as changed. There were so many building that don't exist anymore, I imagine allot of them because of the bombing in the war.

Where did you get your map from? I will try and print it off if I can find a big enough printer somewhere. Or maybe it is possible to buy copies of old maps.

Archived