20.000 jobs for convicts

I see lots of people condemning this as a policy to try to rehabilitate criminals and give them something to turn to when they get out of jail, but I don't see anyone making any alternative suggestions...

In an ideal time it would be the right thing to do, but in these economical times ?

What happens when an extra 70.000 people suddenly come into the job market when we have nearly 3 million unemployed ?

Is it fair that we have people leaving schools with diminished opportunity to further education and the chance of work and then have people in work that are social out casts ?

I understand the need for rehabilitation just like everyone else but giving prisoners a feeling of self worth over the millions that are cast out of schools into an uncertain world is morally wrong.

Like I said, Ideally yes, but now ?

I'm in two minds about it.

So am I...

Could this held build a foundation of industry making it easier for other businesses to thrive on top of it's services.

Also, getting into the routine of working and being paid for it and realising how that's actually a good thing, may steer some away from crime...?

So am I...

Could this held build a foundation of industry making it easier for other businesses to thrive on top of it's services.

Also, getting into the routine of working and being paid for it and realising how that's actually a good thing, may steer some away from crime...?

Ill tell you the problem, some people not able to find work will get depression and will cost the health service, people not able to find work and will turn to crime and cost the justice system. The irony of it is that the people getting put in prison will probably get better treatment than those on the sick.

Giving people in prison self worth, like I said, is a noble cause but not if your taking away the dignity of people in society that have done nothing wrong other than found themselves the lack of opportunity to contribute to society.

Archived