Blisters after running

I've been a huge idiot and basically been running the past week in pumps. Really hurts to run now.

Need some cheap running shoes, don't need to be very good quality just want to shift a few kg and I'll only be using them on the treadmill.

If I'm only using them on the 'mill do I need to spend £££s just so I don't get blisters.

They really hurt.

I really would try to buy the best you can afford, running in bad trainers can damage so much more than your feet- your legs, knees, hips and back can all deteriorate pretty fast.

Go and see the people in sweatshop in meadowhall or Get running at attercliffe and they will advise you properly.

You don't even have to spend loads, my last pair was £70 and they were brilliant.

I really would try to buy the best you can afford, running in bad trainers can damage so much more than your feet- your legs, knees, hips and back can all deteriorate pretty fast.

Go and see the people in sweatshop in meadowhall or Get running at attercliffe and they will advise you properly.

You don't even have to spend loads, my last pair was £70 and they were brilliant.

I appreciate your advice =) Thanks

I appreciate your advice =) Thanks

I`d agree. Once you find a pair that really suit you, you can usually get more for a better price from the internet. I got a pair from Sports Direct and have since gone through another 5 pairs bought on t`net.

Also worth getting good socks and putting vasoline on `hot spots`!

I'm with everyone else on this one. You need to go to a shop where the staff are knowledgeable about how you run so that you can buy a shoe that is both appropriate for how you run and properly fitting so that you can run without blisters.

The other thing is to get some decent two layer socks, if you're running for long enough to get blisters.

The shop on Church street (Keep on Running?) is where I have bought my last three pairs from, the staff are all runners themselves, last pair cost me 90 quid but have been fantatsic, and as other posters have said, once you find a pair/style that are really comfortable, you can search the web for the same but cheaper.

As a last resort, for treadmill use, Decathlon own brand won't break the bank.

One more thing, when you get decent shoes, get out and run on the road, miles better than a treadmill.

Archived