Employment laws

Hi, well really if your son does not have a contract then the company have no obligation and I don't think you son can do anything until he has a contract and I would think by now if you start asking for one you will see that there will be clauses in that contract which are on the companies terms rather than what your son is expecting. Sorry if I'm being negative here but I would have thought that your son should have got a contract either before agreeing to join the company or a least on the first few days of employment. Best thing to do now is to go and ask for advise from the CAB or Union if your son is in one and see what they say.

As above there is always a contract. There are however no laws about paying people for travelling to jobs etc that is down to the company to agree with it's staff. Employment law doesn't cover things like this it will only be in the companies policies which he should be able to see by asking them but they're not available for public viewing.

so the words " £10/hour with a minimum of 8 hours" is a little misleading .

It may be misleading but I guess that’s the difference between a policy and a law, from your sig you look like you may be self employed, can you pass travelling time onto your customer …….. I once heard of a plaster that went to skim a wall in Blackpool :o ……. surely there must be plasterers in Blackpool.

Hi, well really if your son does not have a contract then the company have no obligation and I don't think you son can do anything until he has a contract .....

WRONG.

See http://www.adviceguide.org.uk/index/your_money/employment_index_ew/contracts_of_employment.htm

All employees have a legal right to a written contract of employment within 2 months of starting their job. If they are dismissed because they ask for one - or for exercising any other statutory right - then they can sue for wrongful dismissal even if they haven't been there for 12 months.

STERI - please don't post rubbish on here. Things like this are easy to google. You could have denied someone their basic rights just by talking out of your youknowwhat.

Archived