Remember wako and the davidians?

You need to read your own signature.

What was in it for the ATF , more funding.

What was in it for the state, more control of it's people.

Why assault a stronghold full of kids the old and infirm? When all the had to do was wait it out.

By the way, CS gas plus fire equals cyanide.

Prove to us that it was about more funding. Please provide evidence, and I don't mean the words of some self proclaimed expert. I want to see facts and figures.

What is interesting to me is that the FBI were split on how to proceed, one lot favouring negotiation and basically sweating it out. Another lot were up for an armed assault.

The armed assault faction lied (meth lab) to get WoD materiel (Bradleys, APCs and Helos) and lied to the attorney general (child abuse) in order that she would endorse armed assault. They also lied about use of pyrotechnic CS canisters.

I think those facts are beyond dispute.

And what happened to a crucial piece of "who shot first" evidence - the right hand armoured steel door?

In fact loads of evidence went missing, and the site was bulldozed preventing any later forensics. The actions of people with nothing to hide?

What is interesting to me is that the FBI were split on how to proceed, one lot favouring negotiation and basically sweating it out. Another lot were up for an armed assault.

The armed assault faction lied (meth lab) to get WoD materiel (Bradleys, APCs and Helos) and lied to the attorney general (child abuse) in order that she would endorse armed assault. They also lied about use of pyrotechnic CS canisters.

I think those facts are beyond dispute.

And what happened to a crucial piece of "who shot first" evidence - the right hand armoured steel door?

In fact loads of evidence went missing, and the site was bulldozed preventing any later forensics. The actions of people with nothing to hide?

The whole thing stinks from start to finish.

Yet it's the murderers that are believed, with simple sound bites such as cult, gun nuts etc. Any fool can see the truth just by the results of the actions of the ATF and the state.

The whole thing stinks from start to finish.

Yet it's the murderers that are believed, with simple sound bites such as cult, gun nuts etc. Any fool can see the truth just by the results of the actions of the ATF and the state.

Don't construe my post as being supportive of your contention that there is a federal conspiracy to murder extreme religious sects, please.

I'm emphatically not agreeing with you.

Prove to us that it was about more funding. Please provide evidence, and I don't mean the words of some self proclaimed expert. I want to see facts and figures.

Here you go.

*5 In the jargon of at least one ATF office, the Waco raid was what is known as a ZBO ("Zee Big One"), a press-drawing stunt that when shown to Congress at budget time justifies more funding. One of the largest deployments in bureau history, the attack on the Branch Davidians compound was, in the eyes of some of the agents, the ultimate ZBO. [20]

http://www.constitution.org/2ll/2ndschol/135wac.htm

Archived