Remember wako and the davidians?

The wiki page makes for interesting reading. It's got more references than you can shake a stick at.

A slightly dodgy situation was converted into a grade-A clusterschmuck by the ATF and FBI with the help of Janet Reno.

And we wonder why the Americans seek to preserve the right to bear arms - it's not about defending themselves from lowlife perps, it's about defending themselves against the state.

No. Every gun was legal. It is texas. What was he planning?

Well, there was this

David Koresh planned for his heavily armed cult to attack and kill citizens in Waco, Tex., according to the Government report on the failed raid by Treasury agents on the sect's compound.

"You can't die for God if you can't kill for God," Mr. Koresh told his followers

That's not to say that the authorities didn't make a right old hash of it. The lesson here is to avoid waving guns, legal or otherwise, in the faces of police officers.

In your opinion.

Not in theirs and dont forget, they were the ones being fired at.

Who were being fired at? The branch davidians? Or the ATF? Seems to me a government agency set out to kill a religious sect. Once and while they were doing this they made this sect out to be nutters. In a nut shell we believe the words of mass murderers.

Anyone with any sense would have served the warrant in a non confrontational manner. For example when they were picking up supplies, or the leaders were out jogging.

Only madmen would use the tactics employed, unless a massacre was wanted.

Who were being fired at? The branch davidians? Or the ATF? Seems to me a government agency set out to kill a religious sect. Once and while they were doing this they made this sect out to be nutters. In a nut shell we believe the words of mass murderers.

Anyone with any sense would have served the warrant in a non confrontational manner. For example when they were picking up supplies, or the leaders were out jogging.

Why would officers serve a warrant, to search premises, to someone not at the premises? :loopy:

I think I would go in heavy handed, if I was raiding a house filled with people armed with automatic weapons. Wouldn't you?

Youve been watching too much Youtube mate.

Archived