New CORGI regs mean boiler needs moving?

I know there are loads of plumbers out there who can put me straight.

We pay for an policy which covers repairs for our troublesome Ferroli boiler purely cos all the plumbers we had out years ago couldn't fix it, anyhow.....

Shan't bore you with the details but the engineer came out today he said the boiler was within 1.5 metres of the fuseboard and should be moved, did we want our gas capping off????

The boiler was sited in the coal house about 11 years ago, we have had it serviced every year an no one has ever mentioned this, is it a new thing?

He was a right jobsworth and started ranting about the wire basket (the last engineer insisted I go and buy right now or he would cap off) around the vent until we said it was on request of their last engineer and he moaned about how difficult the site was. He left without even asking me to try the hot water and if it worked, that's how good he was - I tried it myself before he left and we had to sign a disclaimer about the fuseboard!

It will be classed as (NCS) not to current standards so will not be made to be moved. As said above it will be advised.

If it went in there when the regs stated they were the standards then you should be able to pull the installer on it and I imagine report to gas safe.

Archived