Car Insurance Help please

kay1

I see that their terms do state a cancellation fee of £50 even within the 14 days.

I've had a quick look at some of my policies and can see that it is not standard practice across all companies as my terms only charge a fee after 14 days.

It is going to be down to your word against theirs unless you can get a copy of any recording.

Their site talks of their complaints procedure being:

1 - Contact number on policy

2 - Customer services

3 - Write direct to Chief Executive

4 - FS Ombudsman

http://www.swinton.co.uk/terms/

Have you followed those steps?

It might be worth doing so, and commenting that no-one advised you of the procedure to follow if you weren't satisfied.

If you are certain about what was said then insist on a copy of the recorded conversation, it will cost then considerably more that the cancellation fee in time and effort to provide it, and it will prove they were lying.

When you ring for a quote you are advised that calls will be recorded, when I rang to complain I was told that they could check the tape for what I had asked to be included I said fine please check, he then came back and said calls for the day ' had not been recorded' so it was my word against his, so where do you go from there?

I accepted a quote due to start in 2 weeks time but when the schedule arrived they hadn't included protected NCB which I did ask for, when I rang they told me this would be another £70 which I declined and cancelled the policy they have told me I have to pay a cancellation fee even though the policy is not in force and I had a 14 day cooling off period from accepting the quote, can they charge this fee for cancelling a policy which does not come into effect for another 14 days days

They seem to have made a repudiatory breach - write to them.

When you ring for a quote you are advised that calls will be recorded, when I rang to complain I was told that they could check the tape for what I had asked to be included I said fine please check, he then came back and said calls for the day ' had not been recorded' so it was my word against his, so where do you go from there?

Who is telling you all this? One of the managers or are they doing their usual and not letting you speak to one?

Endsleigh never told me that there was a charge for using credit cards when I rang to ask about the charge on the bill for amending my policy. They said they would check their tapes and get back to me which they did, and said yes the person did forget to mention the charge. So if I was you I would definitely ask Swinton to check their tapes.

Who is telling you all this? One of the managers or are they doing their usual and not letting you speak to one?

I was speaking to the manager, I have just written to Head Office I am not expecting much joy from them if they can let someone manage a branch with an attitude he has to customers (after he has got their money not before)

Archived