Car Insurance Help please

kay1

Forgive me but are you unbelievably dense or blind:loopy:

Again i find myself repeating all calls are NOT thats NOT oh and a final NOT recorded only a limited amount of calls.

So by all means you can request a tape pull but it is NOT guaranteed that the call has been recorded.

All calls are recorded. If it's their mistake they pay.

That is information I am unwilling to provide as in my contract i did sign to say that i will NOT discuss the business to a third party so giving you that information is leaving me open for a law suit.

Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha!

Insurance companies are obliged by law to state that their calls are recorded. You can't be sued for repeating what's on their website. You're talking rubbish, anyone who works in insurance knows you're making stuff up.

Mr A’s son telephoned the insurer to arrange motor insurance for himself and his father. After receiving the policy, he telephoned the insurer again to say it had made a mistake. He said his father, rather than himself, should be named as the policyholder and main driver. He stated that his father was the registered owner of the car. The insurer then issued new papers.

When the car was reported stolen, the insurer investigated the claim and found that it was the son who was the owner and main user, not the father. Mr A confirmed this. He said they had registered the policy in his name because the premium was cheaper this way. The insurer then cancelled the insurance, saying it would not have issued this policy if it had known the true situation.

Mr A argued that the car belonged to the whole family and had been a joint purchase, even though it was registered in the son’s name. The insurer had recorded the calls and produced a transcript of the son’s second call, in which he said the firm had made a "mistake" in naming his father as the policyholder.

Mr A then argued that he did not speak or read English and he claimed that the investigator had not recorded his statement correctly.

complaint rejected

We were not satisfied that Mr A had given the insurer correct information when it agreed to issue this policy. Mr A’s son stated clearly that he was not the main user and that it was a mistake to issue the policy in his name. Mr A’s first statement to the investigator confirmed that his son was the car owner and main user. Mr A subsequently contradicted this, but we noted that his signed statement included numerous alterations which he had added and initialled.

We concluded that the insurer was fully entitled to cancel the insurance and reject Mr A’s theft claim.

http://www.financial-ombudsman.org.uk/publications/ombudsman-news/18/july-said-that.htm

It happens often, a lot of people are dishonest, insurance companies record calls to protect themselves, it's an industry standard.

Actually yet again your wrong

What you will find is if you call most insurance companies you will find on the line it says your call may be recorded for security and training purposes which again is NOT a guarantee the call will be recorded it is a maybe recorded hence it saying your call MAY be recorded.

Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha!

Insurance companies are obliged by law to state that their calls are recorded. You can't be sued for repeating what's on their website. You're talking rubbish, anyone who works in insurance knows you're making stuff up.

Archived