Car Insurance Help please

kay1

That is just a load of old junk that refers to 1 situation not every single one.

Mr A’s son telephoned the insurer to arrange motor insurance for himself and his father. After receiving the policy, he telephoned the insurer again to say it had made a mistake. He said his father, rather than himself, should be named as the policyholder and main driver. He stated that his father was the registered owner of the car. The insurer then issued new papers.

When the car was reported stolen, the insurer investigated the claim and found that it was the son who was the owner and main user, not the father. Mr A confirmed this. He said they had registered the policy in his name because the premium was cheaper this way. The insurer then cancelled the insurance, saying it would not have issued this policy if it had known the true situation.

Mr A argued that the car belonged to the whole family and had been a joint purchase, even though it was registered in the son’s name. The insurer had recorded the calls and produced a transcript of the son’s second call, in which he said the firm had made a "mistake" in naming his father as the policyholder.

Mr A then argued that he did not speak or read English and he claimed that the investigator had not recorded his statement correctly.

complaint rejected

We were not satisfied that Mr A had given the insurer correct information when it agreed to issue this policy. Mr A’s son stated clearly that he was not the main user and that it was a mistake to issue the policy in his name. Mr A’s first statement to the investigator confirmed that his son was the car owner and main user. Mr A subsequently contradicted this, but we noted that his signed statement included numerous alterations which he had added and initialled.

We concluded that the insurer was fully entitled to cancel the insurance and reject Mr A’s theft claim.

http://www.financial-ombudsman.org.uk/publications/ombudsman-news/18/july-said-that.htm

It happens often, a lot of people are dishonest, insurance companies record calls to protect themselves, it's an industry standard.

Actually NO im not talking rubbish.

I am just unwilling to leave myself liable for a law suit due to breach of TnC.

Wether it says on there website they record calls or not is irrelevant the point is i signed some terms and conditions and i am not willing to breach these just to prove a point to someone who clearly knows nothing but thinks he knows everything.

My wrong what?

Why can't you name the company you claim don't tape calls when the information will be on their website?

Because you're talking rubbish.

Right so your a fully fledged lawyer now are you?

That career path changed fast.

If you actually had a decent amount of intelliegience you would know if you breach terms and conditions under any circumstances you are left open to a lawsuit.

What's the name of the company you worked for that you claim didn't tape calls? Why can't you name them, it's information that would be on their website and in their literature, of course you can't be sued for naming them, what rubbish!

Right so your a fully fledged lawyer now are you?

That career path changed fast.

If you actually had a decent amount of intelliegience you would know if you breach terms and conditions under any circumstances you are left open to a lawsuit.

Complete rubbish, how could a firm sue you for repeating what's on their website?

" intelliegience"

Good grief.

Stop posting semi-literate garbage.

Right before you reply to this just take a moment to read it and try and understand it please :loopy:

Naming a company when you have signed a contract to say you wouldnt is a breach of the contract which leaves you open for a lawsuit.

I signed to say i would NOT discuss the company outside of work as this is a clear breach of contract and means i could be sued.

Wether the information is provided on there website is IRRELEVANT.

Complete rubbish, how could a firm sue you for repeating what's on their website?

" intelliegience"

Good grief.

Stop posting semi-literate garbage.

Naming a company when you have signed a contract to say you wouldnt is a breach of the contract which leaves you open for a lawsuit.

You signed a contract that said you must never, ever, tell anyone where you worked? Piffle.

The information is public,nobody has ever nor will ever be sued for naming a company and giving out information in the public domain, it would never happen, it would be laughed out of court.

Archived