Car Insurance Help please

kay1

That would be Swinton Insurance who were fined £700k after recorded calls revealed that insurance add-ons were added without the customer's knowledge?

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/finance/personalfinance/insurance/6452415/Swinton-fined-770000-and-to-refund-500000-over-PPI-failings.html

And do i care - no.

The point being made was the website states calls MAY be recorded thats it. If you would like to take the issue up with Swintons feel free.

That would be Swinton Insurance who were fined £700k after recorded calls revealed that insurance add-ons were added without the customer's knowledge?

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/finance/personalfinance/insurance/6452415/Swinton-fined-770000-and-to-refund-500000-over-PPI-failings.html

Just to clarify that would be on PPI and not on car insurance, which the thread is about.

I am sorry that this has caused arguments all I can tell you that I asked for the tape to be checked to prove I did ask for No Claims to be protected on the quote and was told calls were not recorded on the day I accepted the quote and the managers words were "so it is your word against ours" at which point I told him to cancel the policy and was then told I would have to pay a cancellation fee even though the policy did not start until the 2nd March which I am very angry about. If I had been driving on the policy even for 1 day I would have expected a charge but to have cancel because of their error and the new increased charge to me I did think I was within my rights to take my custom elsewhere

an apology is not required at all so I cant accept it.

I just didnt want someone advising you that a situation is GUARANTEED when it isnt as you have unfortunately found out.

I am sorry that this has caused arguments all I can tell you that I asked for the tape to be checked to prove I did ask for No Claims to be protected on the quote and was told calls were not recorded on the day I accepted the quote and the managers words were "so it is your word against ours" at which point I told him to cancel the policy and was then told I would have to pay a cancellation fee even though the policy did not start until the 2nd March which I am very angry about. If I had been driving on the policy even for 1 day I would have expected a charge but to have cancel because of their error and the new increased charge to me I did think I was within my rights to take my custom elsewhere

It's in the FSA rules:

The industry watchdog requires it. Insurance companies rely on it. I know, it's part of my compliance training, it's annoying when people who don't know what they are talking about make up silly myths then claim they can't substantiate them or they'll be sued, what utter garbage.

You've got it it WRONG!

Read those rules carefully.

They are those rules that apply to companies trading on shares etc.

Not to General Insurance companies.

Archived