Sleeping on the streets because the cost of housing is ridiculous.

Who is saying they are "too high".

There is a recession on. The market is hardly booming is it. Houses will only sell for what people are willing to pay. Prices are constantly up and down all the time. Have been for years. Nothing new there.

Isnt it more of a problem of people wanting it now. Too many people who dont want to save up properly till they can afford it. Too many people who think renting is beneath them or simply too many people expecting the government and taxpayers to provide subsidised houses for them??

As for this nonesense about sky high rentals with evil landlords in charge...

There are plenty of rentals out there from as little as £260 a month. Lets not forget for those unemployed or unable to work there is the usual housing benefits etc.

Of course I can hear the whines now.......rental propety not to your liking? Not nicely decorated? in the wrong area? Not as big as next door?

well tough...... We all have to live with the best WE CAN AFFORD at the time. When finances improve so should your property. When finances are tight, you look again, cut the luxuries or downgrade.

Its not rocket science - just part of life.

So, all this homeless crisis then. What is the REAL issue again?

I would much rather focus be directed to the real volunerable, not just impatient people whinging about being denied access to the property market or attention seeking idiots like Mr Sleeping Bag who dont seem to have a grasp on how real life works.

The title of this thread is misleading - he's not sleeping on the street purely because the cost of housing is ridiculous, as it states he can afford to rent!

Why do people have such a problem with renting? If it puts a roof over your head, why is that worse than buying a house of your own?

I can afford a much better place by renting than by buying, and social services can't take it away when I need to go into care :D

The title of this thread is misleading - he's not sleeping on the street purely because the cost of housing is ridiculous, as it states he can afford to rent!

Why do people have such a problem with renting? If it puts a roof over your head, why is that worse than buying a house of your own?

I can afford a much better place by renting than by buying, and social services can't take it away when I need to go into care :D

Good point. I have never thought its fair that you have two people in the same nursing home with the same service but one pays their way and most likely loses any assets they have and the other (who may have never worked all their life) gets everyting free.

Archived