A good old fashioned wolf whistle.

I was waking my poodle on Gleadless Common this morning when I passed two gentlemen cleaning out a drain I gave them a smile as I passed and had only gone a few steps on when would you believe it a piercing wolf whistle followed me .

Well its years since I have been subject to one of these usualy when i walked past those building types . I briefly turned round but the lads were pretending to inspect their manhole so I walked on and realised I had got a spring in my step .

Anyway when entered my hallway I glanced in the mirror and realised I felt quite flushed and thought maybe there is life in the old girl yet.

I was waking my poodle on Gleadless Common this morning when I passed two gentlemen cleaning out a drain I gave them a smile as I passed and had only gone a few steps on when would you believe it a piercing wolf whistle followed me .

Well its years since I have been subject to one of these usualy when i walked past those building types . I briefly turned round but the lads were pretending to inspect their manhole so I walked on and realised I had got a spring in my step .

Anyway when entered my hallway I glanced in the mirror and realised I felt quite flushed and thought maybe there is life in the old girl yet.

Dafodil.... I have even less posts than you.... and even I know the rules of Sheffield Forum by now. So, as an act of kindness :) I have rewritten your post for you.

I was being a responsible dog owner, with my dog on a lead and carrying ‘poo bags’. I was walking on public land, where I should feel safe and secure without the fear of knife wielding chavs attacking me. I passed two dirty men on the floor and quickly hurried away.

One of them made a noise that can only be described as sexist and frightening. I feared for my life and ran away as quickly as possible.

Getting to the nearest bus stop, cowering and afraid, I awaited my bus to come. However, it was 12 WHOLE minutes late. When I got on the bus, the driver was rude and wanted to know my destination, even though I’d told him hold much I normally pay. I got into an argument with him and he told me to get off the bus!!

Well, needless to say, by now I was in quite a state. I’ve been sexually harassed and abused by a bus driver in one day. What more could go wrong?

I continued to walk down the road, thinking I may come across somebody who could help me. Or find a shop I could go into, to ask for help. But everywhere I turned; there were only Greggs’ shops. And from what I’ve heard, there is no point going in there for help because the staff and customers are worthless forms of life.

Anyway, I carried on, still with my poor little poodle, who by now was shaking with fright at the unimaginable ordeal we were enduring.

Then, just as I thought all hope was over..... the police helicopter hovered overhead!!! But what was it doing overhead in this area?? Did anyone know?? All I could think was, “Yay!!! I’m saved”. But no. It disappeared back towards its base.

Just when I thought all hope was lost, I saw a white van coming towards me. “At last!” thought I. Rescue!" So I flagged down the young men in the van. They got out and asked what was wrong. I explained that I’d been sexually harassed and needed to get home. They looked at Polly Poodle and the next thing I knew; they had grabbed her metal lead from my hands!!! They were metal thieves!! They jumped in the van and raced off. Me and Polly sat down and cried.

After a while, we both carried on walking down the road and came to another bus stop. There was no timetable, and all I could think was, “I wish there was a website that I could text on my phone and ask what time the next bus is. Some kind of forum.....”

It was then that I realised!! My phone! I have my phone!

So, I took it out of my bag, called City Taxi’s and got a lift home.

Oh, well, as you may have guessed, the whole day took it out of me. I’m off to Meadowhall tomorrow and I just hope there aren’t any other big surprises in store for me. The last thing I need is terrorists taking over the place and ruining my shopping trip. I mean, how would Meadowhall be prepared for it??? It’s not like they have body bags ready!

Then I remember, I’m in Sheffield. And although it seems like the pits sometimes, it isn’t actually that bad, and I think I’m really glad to live here. It could be worse. I could live in Leeds.

PS: Polly Poodle is doing good too.

Dafodil.... I have even less posts than you.... and even I know the rules of Sheffield Forum by now. So, as an act of kindness :) I have rewritten your post for you.

I was being a responsible dog owner, with my dog on a lead and carrying ‘poo bags’. I was walking on public land, where I should feel safe and secure without the fear of knife wielding chavs attacking me. I passed two dirty men on the floor and quickly hurried away.

One of them made a noise that can only be described as sexist and frightening. I feared for my life and ran away as quickly as possible.

Getting to the nearest bus stop, cowering and afraid, I awaited my bus to come. However, it was 12 WHOLE minutes late. When I got on the bus, the driver was rude and wanted to know my destination, even though I’d told him hold much I normally pay. I got into an argument with him and he told me to get off the bus!!

Well, needless to say, by now I was in quite a state. I’ve been sexually harassed and abused by a bus driver in one day. What more could go wrong?

I continued to walk down the road, thinking I may come across somebody who could help me. Or find a shop I could go into, to ask for help. But everywhere I turned; there were only Greggs’ shops. And from what I’ve heard, there is no point going in there for help because the staff and customers are worthless forms of life.

Anyway, I carried on, still with my poor little poodle, who by now was shaking with fright at the unimaginable ordeal we were enduring.

Then, just as I thought all hope was over..... the police helicopter hovered overhead!!! But what was it doing overhead in this area?? Did anyone know?? All I could think was, “Yay!!! I’m saved”. But no. It disappeared back towards its base.

Just when I thought all hope was lost, I saw a white van coming towards me. “At last!” thought I. Rescue!" So I flagged down the young men in the van. They got out and asked what was wrong. I explained that I’d been sexually harassed and needed to get home. They looked at Polly Poodle and the next thing I knew; they had grabbed her metal lead from my hands!!! They were metal thieves!! They jumped in the van and raced off. Me and Polly sat down and cried.

After a while, we both carried on walking down the road and came to another bus stop. There was no timetable, and all I could think was, “I wish there was a website that I could text on my phone and ask what time the next bus is. Some kind of forum.....”

It was then that I realised!! My phone! I have my phone!

So, I took it out of my bag, called City Taxi’s and got a lift home.

Oh, well, as you may have guessed, the whole day took it out of me. I’m off to Meadowhall tomorrow and I just hope there aren’t any other big surprises in store for me. The last thing I need is terrorists taking over the place and ruining my shopping trip. I mean, how would Meadowhall be prepared for it??? It’s not like they have body bags ready!

Then I remember, I’m in Sheffield. And although it seems like the pits sometimes, it isn’t actually that bad, and I think I’m really glad to live here. It could be worse. I could live in Leeds.

PS: Polly Poodle is doing good too.

I actually had some sympathy for this woman and this updated and true account of a horrendous day right up until Poodle, I mean c'mon who the hell would have one.

thats sexual harrasment. I will be contacting the maintenance company at the soonest possible time to put in a complaint. Dirty buggers.lol

At least there are still women out there who can take a simple compliment without going mental.

I used to get vexed at one time with this type of behaviour but after today I will not be judgemental after all even though its not lady like I was quite flattered.

Archived