A good old fashioned wolf whistle.

Dafodil.... I have even less posts than you.... and even I know the rules of Sheffield Forum by now. So, as an act of kindness :) I have rewritten your post for you.

I was being a responsible dog owner, with my dog on a lead and carrying ‘poo bags’. I was walking on public land, where I should feel safe and secure without the fear of knife wielding chavs attacking me. I passed two dirty men on the floor and quickly hurried away.

One of them made a noise that can only be described as sexist and frightening. I feared for my life and ran away as quickly as possible.

Getting to the nearest bus stop, cowering and afraid, I awaited my bus to come. However, it was 12 WHOLE minutes late. When I got on the bus, the driver was rude and wanted to know my destination, even though I’d told him hold much I normally pay. I got into an argument with him and he told me to get off the bus!!

Well, needless to say, by now I was in quite a state. I’ve been sexually harassed and abused by a bus driver in one day. What more could go wrong?

I continued to walk down the road, thinking I may come across somebody who could help me. Or find a shop I could go into, to ask for help. But everywhere I turned; there were only Greggs’ shops. And from what I’ve heard, there is no point going in there for help because the staff and customers are worthless forms of life.

Anyway, I carried on, still with my poor little poodle, who by now was shaking with fright at the unimaginable ordeal we were enduring.

Then, just as I thought all hope was over..... the police helicopter hovered overhead!!! But what was it doing overhead in this area?? Did anyone know?? All I could think was, “Yay!!! I’m saved”. But no. It disappeared back towards its base.

Just when I thought all hope was lost, I saw a white van coming towards me. “At last!” thought I. Rescue!" So I flagged down the young men in the van. They got out and asked what was wrong. I explained that I’d been sexually harassed and needed to get home. They looked at Polly Poodle and the next thing I knew; they had grabbed her metal lead from my hands!!! They were metal thieves!! They jumped in the van and raced off. Me and Polly sat down and cried.

After a while, we both carried on walking down the road and came to another bus stop. There was no timetable, and all I could think was, “I wish there was a website that I could text on my phone and ask what time the next bus is. Some kind of forum.....”

It was then that I realised!! My phone! I have my phone!

So, I took it out of my bag, called City Taxi’s and got a lift home.

Oh, well, as you may have guessed, the whole day took it out of me. I’m off to Meadowhall tomorrow and I just hope there aren’t any other big surprises in store for me. The last thing I need is terrorists taking over the place and ruining my shopping trip. I mean, how would Meadowhall be prepared for it??? It’s not like they have body bags ready!

Then I remember, I’m in Sheffield. And although it seems like the pits sometimes, it isn’t actually that bad, and I think I’m really glad to live here. It could be worse. I could live in Leeds.

PS: Polly Poodle is doing good too.

Oh dear, I am so sorry have I appeared to be flirty, its just that well! I am getting on a little and for an hour or two I was eighteen again.

Dafodil.... I have even less posts than you.... and even I know the rules of Sheffield Forum by now. So, as an act of kindness :) I have rewritten your post for you.

I was being a responsible dog owner, with my dog on a lead and carrying ‘poo bags’. I was walking on public land, where I should feel safe and secure without the fear of knife wielding chavs attacking me. I passed two dirty men on the floor and quickly hurried away.

One of them made a noise that can only be described as sexist and frightening. I feared for my life and ran away as quickly as possible.

Getting to the nearest bus stop, cowering and afraid, I awaited my bus to come. However, it was 12 WHOLE minutes late. When I got on the bus, the driver was rude and wanted to know my destination, even though I’d told him hold much I normally pay. I got into an argument with him and he told me to get off the bus!!

Well, needless to say, by now I was in quite a state. I’ve been sexually harassed and abused by a bus driver in one day. What more could go wrong?

I continued to walk down the road, thinking I may come across somebody who could help me. Or find a shop I could go into, to ask for help. But everywhere I turned; there were only Greggs’ shops. And from what I’ve heard, there is no point going in there for help because the staff and customers are worthless forms of life.

Anyway, I carried on, still with my poor little poodle, who by now was shaking with fright at the unimaginable ordeal we were enduring.

Then, just as I thought all hope was over..... the police helicopter hovered overhead!!! But what was it doing overhead in this area?? Did anyone know?? All I could think was, “Yay!!! I’m saved”. But no. It disappeared back towards its base.

Just when I thought all hope was lost, I saw a white van coming towards me. “At last!” thought I. Rescue!" So I flagged down the young men in the van. They got out and asked what was wrong. I explained that I’d been sexually harassed and needed to get home. They looked at Polly Poodle and the next thing I knew; they had grabbed her metal lead from my hands!!! They were metal thieves!! They jumped in the van and raced off. Me and Polly sat down and cried.

After a while, we both carried on walking down the road and came to another bus stop. There was no timetable, and all I could think was, “I wish there was a website that I could text on my phone and ask what time the next bus is. Some kind of forum.....”

It was then that I realised!! My phone! I have my phone!

So, I took it out of my bag, called City Taxi’s and got a lift home.

Oh, well, as you may have guessed, the whole day took it out of me. I’m off to Meadowhall tomorrow and I just hope there aren’t any other big surprises in store for me. The last thing I need is terrorists taking over the place and ruining my shopping trip. I mean, how would Meadowhall be prepared for it??? It’s not like they have body bags ready!

Then I remember, I’m in Sheffield. And although it seems like the pits sometimes, it isn’t actually that bad, and I think I’m really glad to live here. It could be worse. I could live in Leeds.

PS: Polly Poodle is doing good too.

top post :D

I used to get vexed at one time with this type of behaviour but after today I will not be judgemental after all even though its not lady like I was quite flattered.

I think a wolf whistle is quite nice and yes, it puts a spring in your step. Better than some yucky lewd comment!

Guest busdriver1
I was waking my poodle on Gleadless Common this morning when I passed two gentlemen cleaning out a drain I gave them a smile as I passed and had only gone a few steps on when would you believe it a piercing wolf whistle followed me .

Well its years since I have been subject to one of these usualy when i walked past those building types . I briefly turned round but the lads were pretending to inspect their manhole so I walked on and realised I had got a spring in my step .

Anyway when entered my hallway I glanced in the mirror and realised I felt quite flushed and thought maybe there is life in the old girl yet.

My god, a normal reaction. So there are a few normal people left in Sheffield.

Now look you lot! This thread is totally irresponsible!

If you persist in your silly attempts to tell people that there are reasonable human beings living in Sheffield, accounts will be suspended and bans will be issued .... or maybe (if you're really unlucky) banns will be issued.

Now look you lot! This thread is totally irresponsible!

If you persist in your silly attempts to tell people that there are reasonable human beings living in Sheffield, accounts will be suspended and bans will be issued .... or maybe (if you're really unlucky) banns will be issued.

Nice one.:hihi:

I remember (many years ago!) walking past a building site in town, and getting wolf whistled at. I turned and thanked them for making an old lady's day , to which he replied, 'wish thad mek mine!' I walked a little taller the rest of the day!! As I say it was many years ago....................!

I was waking my poodle on Gleadless Common this morning when I passed two gentlemen cleaning out a drain I gave them a smile as I passed and had only gone a few steps on when would you believe it a piercing wolf whistle followed me .

Well it's a bit more stylish than making comments about saveloys etc. If it doesn't bother you then there's no problem is there?

Archived