A good old fashioned wolf whistle.

She seems quite chuffed, and why not if it made her day.

Like I said. The only problem is the men doing this can't know how the woman will take it - she's not obliged to be 'flattered'. Why does a man feel obliged to broadcast that he's experiencing lust? What's the woman supposed to do about it? A different example - on a summer's day, men in a van sounding the horn whenever they pass an attractive woman. Have they never seen a woman before? Is she supposed to thank them for reminding her she has breasts? Maybe just the once might go down well, but if it's one after another, it can get wearing I imagine.

Dafodil.... I have even less posts than you.... and even I know the rules of Sheffield Forum by now. So, as an act of kindness :) I have rewritten your post for you.

I was being a responsible dog owner, with my dog on a lead and carrying ‘poo bags’. I was walking on public land, where I should feel safe and secure without the fear of knife wielding chavs attacking me. I passed two dirty men on the floor and quickly hurried away.

One of them made a noise that can only be described as sexist and frightening. I feared for my life and ran away as quickly as possible.

Getting to the nearest bus stop, cowering and afraid, I awaited my bus to come. However, it was 12 WHOLE minutes late. When I got on the bus, the driver was rude and wanted to know my destination, even though I’d told him hold much I normally pay. I got into an argument with him and he told me to get off the bus!!

Well, needless to say, by now I was in quite a state. I’ve been sexually harassed and abused by a bus driver in one day. What more could go wrong?

I continued to walk down the road, thinking I may come across somebody who could help me. Or find a shop I could go into, to ask for help. But everywhere I turned; there were only Greggs’ shops. And from what I’ve heard, there is no point going in there for help because the staff and customers are worthless forms of life.

Anyway, I carried on, still with my poor little poodle, who by now was shaking with fright at the unimaginable ordeal we were enduring.

Then, just as I thought all hope was over..... the police helicopter hovered overhead!!! But what was it doing overhead in this area?? Did anyone know?? All I could think was, “Yay!!! I’m saved”. But no. It disappeared back towards its base.

Just when I thought all hope was lost, I saw a white van coming towards me. “At last!” thought I. Rescue!" So I flagged down the young men in the van. They got out and asked what was wrong. I explained that I’d been sexually harassed and needed to get home. They looked at Polly Poodle and the next thing I knew; they had grabbed her metal lead from my hands!!! They were metal thieves!! They jumped in the van and raced off. Me and Polly sat down and cried.

After a while, we both carried on walking down the road and came to another bus stop. There was no timetable, and all I could think was, “I wish there was a website that I could text on my phone and ask what time the next bus is. Some kind of forum.....”

It was then that I realised!! My phone! I have my phone!

So, I took it out of my bag, called City Taxi’s and got a lift home.

Oh, well, as you may have guessed, the whole day took it out of me. I’m off to Meadowhall tomorrow and I just hope there aren’t any other big surprises in store for me. The last thing I need is terrorists taking over the place and ruining my shopping trip. I mean, how would Meadowhall be prepared for it??? It’s not like they have body bags ready!

Then I remember, I’m in Sheffield. And although it seems like the pits sometimes, it isn’t actually that bad, and I think I’m really glad to live here. It could be worse. I could live in Leeds.

PS: Polly Poodle is doing good too.

Brilliant amendments :hihi::hihi: however you forgot to mention avoiding the occupy sheffield lot, gemma the beggar, someone asking when is there a carboot as well as a student asking a silly question.

I have decided to take a trip to Town, I will visit Debenhams or maybe Atkinsons to look for a new dress .

I have let myself go a little since I lost Roger so with Spring just around the corner its time for a new look .I think I may go for a bob in my hair as well.

Oh how I miss Roger!

Like I said. The only problem is the men doing this can't know how the woman will take it - she's not obliged to be 'flattered'. Why does a man feel obliged to broadcast that he's experiencing lust? What's the woman supposed to do about it? A different example - on a summer's day, men in a van sounding the horn whenever they pass an attractive woman. Have they never seen a woman before? Is she supposed to thank them for reminding her she has breasts? Maybe just the once might go down well, but if it's one after another, it can get wearing I imagine.

This thread is a breath of fresh air and should be taken as such.

The lads who made Daffo,s day were just having a bit of fun! you know thats what makes the World go round.

Why is it that only men can be lambasted by the crew cut brigade if you look at adverts on the telly there is numerous ones that show sexism the other way round for example.

There is the one where the poor window cleaner innocently sucking his Milky Bar has to put up with an office full of admiring females [not lusting] just people showing normal reactionary behaviour.

This thread is a breath of fresh air and should be taken as such.

The lads who made Daffo,s day were just having a bit of fun! you know thats what makes the World go round.

Why is it that only men can be lambasted by the crew cut brigade if you look at adverts on the telly there is numerous ones that show sexism the other way round for example.

There is the one where the poor window cleaner innocently sucking his Milky Bar has to put up with an office full of admiring females [not lusting] just people showing normal reactionary behaviour.

If by 'crew cut brigade' you mean bitter feminist lesbians, well I'm male for a start. I was just raising the issue. It's about putting yourself in the woman's position, something men rarely do, even if they're capable of it. Sometimes this kind of flirting can be fun, but it must be a two-sided affair. But you know very well that often it's a kind of weapon against women. What about the women you don't whistle at? If the whistled at are meant to take the compliment, what are these other women meant to feel? You're deciding whether they're worth your attention, but why is it your standards that decide? Never happens in reverse, does it?

As for 'reverse sexism' in ads, that's a fair point. Advertising flatters female consumers by dressing in the clothes of feminism or its b*stard 90s cousin, 'girl power', but really it's quite traditional.

Example: pick any advert where the man is shown as a clumsy, clueless buffoon who's no good at cooking, housework, decorating etc. The confident woman swans in and does it all with a wink to the camera. That's not female empowerment, the subliminal message is 'leave it to me, I was born to this'. In other words, she was born to stay in the kitchen.

I have decided to take a trip to Town, I will visit Debenhams or maybe Atkinsons to look for a new dress .

I have let myself go a little since I lost Roger so with Spring just around the corner its time for a new look .I think I may go for a bob in my hair as well.

Oh how I miss Rodger!

But not so much you can remember how to spell his name..... ;) !

Complain, if she is offended and considers it sexual harassment.

The only women who would complain about being wolf whistled are those who are so ugly that no-one would wolf whistle at them in the first place!

It's sad that anyone could possibly be offended by a gesture that means "I find you very attractive" but it just goes to show how much the PC brigade has corrupted our attitudes.

Archived