Accidents where you have come out ok

So mine isn't really bad but at the time it could have been much worse.

Basically when i was about 14 my parents bought me a new bike and i was convinced i was an expert on it as i could wheelie for ages, stand up with no hands on the bars, jump off garage roofs and all sorts on bikes so i was going down a big hill doing some speed with no hands and looking behind me at my brother he shouted CAR! so i turned round and saw a car coming towards me so i tried to skid past it and come out when it went past but i didnt have enough space so i hit a parked car, the impact throw me head first over my bike and straight across the other side of the road so i landed half on/off the kerb.

The result id seriously hurt my legs and couldnt walk for 3 months (but they were not broken) I just couldnt feel them at all i didnt have no sense in them at all. A bruised head and a bike that had smashed forks etc until i repaired it.

Which considering what could have happened i feel i came off lightly

Archived