So called celebrities.

Why can,t the BBC be like other channels, i.e. you pay a subscription if you want to watch it. Most of the programmes are repeats and they could then invite advertisers to fund new shows, dramas etc.

Whilst I am no fan of the BBC and being forced to pay for their left leaning views and their overpaid staff they do provide quality programmes that you wouldn't get if advertisers paid for the programmes. You only have to look at the endless reality TV dross served up on ITV and Five to see what the BBC would turn into.

Should people on the BBC , payed by the tax payer, who want not only to read the news or the weather also want to earn extra money as so " called celebrities ", should they become celebrities and give up the tax payer job or put their extra earnings come back to the tax payer or should they be sacked ?.

Which celebrity news readers are are you referring to that are on the BBC?

I can only think of Chris Hollins who won Strictly come Dancing,and a few ex newsreaders who have been on reality tv shows.Who are the others?

Archived