Mice in the garage!

Even worse. I left the house this morning and found that 'human scum' had dropped litter, chewing gum and dog ends all over the road in front of our house, as well as allowing their pets to leave mouse-sized droppings on our steps. Can't we exterminate these detritus instead? Give me mice, rats, squirrels and any other wildlife any day.

I have just cleaned out my garage and found mouse droppings in a box and a lot of outdoor rugs and cushions nibbled and frayed! Does anyone know the best way to get rid of them permanently?

You cant really... not from an outbuilding such as a Garage. It probably has small gaps in doors and windows and will be relatively unvisited by humans so mice will find it a nice tempting little refuge. The best way to deter them is to remove items that make it nice and comfortable for them, that way they will go elsewhere.

Move the 'soft furnishings' to a high (closed) cupboard, move any items on the floor so there isnt any clutter providing cosy nesting places and make sure there is no kind of food left around... this includes any feed you may keep for pets or wildlife (Birds etc) Keep the garage well swept and tidy.

Hopefully, it will not be as appealing after a bit of a clean out and they will go elsewhere (probably your neighbours garage or the shed :D)

Good luck.

Archived