To cut or not to cut.

Hi all,

I am having a dilemma and could really use some help in making my mind up.

I have long hair and when i say long i mean long, it is only three inch from reaching by bum.

I have always had long hair and have always been proud of it but just recently it has really started getting on my nerves.

It takes forever to dry after washing, i keep trapping it under my arms and it falls into my face all the time.

I thought i had solved the problem by having a fringe cut into it but its still irritating me.

Should i take the plunge and have it cut or do you think this is a passing phase and i am pre menstrual or summert :lol:

Is it all one length? Have some layers put in. You could then curl the layers giving it more body and bounce.

I used to have the same style years ago and know what you mean.

I think the fashion is to have it long, but maybe halfway down the back rather than excessively long. You can do more with it then.

I've got plenty of friends who have long hair and so have heard the same sort of comments many times. Some of the girls have cut a few inches off and then have a loose perm to give themselves a slightly different look. Others wear it in a pony tail or plait to keep it under control and less in the way.

I can think of two girls who went from long to short and they both regretted it, one because she thought she had lost part of what made her and the other because she decided that a short hair style didn't suit her.

Maybe you should put up a link to a few pictures of yourself and then see if people can suggest styles that may suit you.

I often have the same thoughts; mine is the same length and to dry and straighten it takes at least an hour. But other days I love it and if I did ever have it cut, it would only be a bit at a time, rather than going from long to short straight away! I hate it long sometimes but I'd hate it short, so no win lol :)

Archived