Electronic cigarettes - more awareness needed

Hi Digsy

Glad you are gettin on with it!

Yes you do have to buy new atomisers and you will also need new cartridges or tanks or whatever the bit is called that you drip the liquid in to (called different things depending on the model/make etc). The only reason that I get new cartidges/tanks is that eventually they seem to taste a bit funny. They do last ages though.

Batteries also don't last forever but they do last a long long time. I have quite a few now as I've had so many different kits etc, but I am still using some batteries from a year ago.

Replacing the atomisers is why I use the ego-c. They cost £70 for the initial kit (although there are always discounts on) but the atomisers are 5 for £20. Some of the older models were about £10 per atomiser. I know the one I use is expensive but the amount of flavour and vapour I get from it makes it worth every penny.

I really hope you continue to get along with the ecigs. They sounds like they are working for you so far!

After about a fortnight of using mine I tried a normal cigarette and it tasted vile! After 24 years of smoking I didn't really notice the taste any more but as I say, after a fortnight without any they tasted horrid!

OK that does it I'm in for a go!:hihi:

I've got as far as the checkout with the eGo C e cig but I take it I'll have to buy some juice too but not sure which is my best bet. I'm a 20 a day roll up smoker at the moment, just what would be the best substitute in the opinion of veteran e cig users?

I'm looking at a 20ml T.W. Titan Fluid but faced with an array of strengths and flavours I'm confused and don't want to pick badly as this will just about clean me out.

Hi northernstar

I would guess you will probably start at about the 18mg strength or maybe even a little lower.

Which strengths and flavour liquids did you get? Also, did you use the discount codes from facebook or twitter?

In titan my favourite is the menthol but I also use a number of the patriot range juices too. I have an order arriving tomorrow and can't wait as I'm all out of double apple shisha which is sending me mad!

Hi northernstar

I would guess you will probably start at about the 18mg strength or maybe even a little lower.

Which strengths and flavour liquids did you get? Also, did you use the discount codes from facebook or twitter?

In titan my favourite is the menthol but I also use a number of the patriot range juices too. I have an order arriving tomorrow and can't wait as I'm all out of double apple shisha which is sending me mad!

I didn't order any in the end because the ego c kit already has some that comes with it and I find it all a bit mysterious to be honest:hihi:

Nearly bought the 20ml T.W. Titan Fluid simply because its on offer. I'm thinking of still ordering now you recommend the 18mg strength but not sure about the flavours, I might try the American Red Tobacco and work through the list alphabetically if I stick with the e cig thing.

I tried the discount codes but they don't work on products already on offer.

If I were you I would go on to the forum of their site and have a look in the flavour discussions section. There are polls in there and peoples opinions on flavours. It might also be worth you posting in the general discussions thread and asking what other people recommend. Just start a topic called something like "help required for new vaper" and then ask whatever you like! You will get lots of help!

I think the kit just comes with 5 full catridges so they won't last more than a couple of days. Plus they only come in one flavour.

It is a bit of a minefield to be honest. There are so many flavours and everyone likes different things.

The good news is that the e-cig you have chosen is the best of the lot....just need to find a juice you like now!

my partner had one if these, the brand was called NUCIG, they sent him a sample to see if he liked it. they come with an array of chargers and nicotine strengths. the other thing they do which is good, is the filters are soft like on a real cigarette so it feels a bit more realistic. the starter kits start from £60 however the filters are not expensive at all so saves you a fair amount.

Epiphany is yours the 510 with the sort of foamy stuff in the cartridge that you drip in to?

If so....update to a tank version! lol they are amazing!

Yeh it's the old style wadded carts. I've been reading about the tank system on the forums and peeps don't seem that impressed with it. Some say there is more leakage with the tank system. However, it's clearly working well for you. I will probably try it purely out of curiosity in the future.

I've refilled it three times since yesterday because after awhile it turns from a nice drag to a foul cough encouraging burnt out taste.

Also read that to avoid the burnt tastes it's wise to add one drop to the atomiser.

It definitely does help. I found that burning taste goes away after a while so I think it's to do with the atomiser still being new. There is a video on YouTube about

to avoid this burnt taste, but it's a bit fiddly.

Archived