Electronic cigarettes - more awareness needed

Do these devices actually give you the same rush as a normal cigarette?

Most definitely. In fact, I'd say it's a purer buzz if that makes sense. When I smoked tobacco I would get the nicotine rush but I'd also sometimes feel a bit nauseous. I put that down to the thousand-or-so other chemicals that are inevitably inhaled.

It's just a nicer buzz.

Hi everyone. I have been 20+ per day smoker for a many years now, I got the E-lites and thought I would try and use that instead, but it was so harsh and gave me a sore throat, so ordered a ego 510 from liberty flights, I ordered slim black battery as well so when I go out it will not look too daft. I also ordered black cherry, water melon, strawberry and peach e liquid 18mg. Only got 5ml bottle of each as I want to try the flavours and decide on my fave before buying a 30ml bottle. I have also tried the french pipe and love that one, so will be buying that next time too. I love it so much I going to now invest in a few extra battery's and atomisers just in case one breaks as I don't want to be caught out having to wait for another to arrive.

It arrived yesterday and I have not had a real cig since 3pm yesterday just before this arrived. I never thought I would say this but I am converted. It has now been just over 27 hours since I felt the need to go and buy a packet. I have tried to stop the fags many times now and nothing worked like this. I get the enjoyment and yummy flavours but not the harsh chemicals. Any craving I have is taken away by a fews puff on the 510.

As someone else stated, it is great when you have kids, I have 3 children and tend to smoke in the kitchen thinking it will not be as bad, but deep down knew it was still passive smoking. Both my eldest have also said they can't smell anything anymore, and when I asked them should I smoke real fags again, both say no bless.

I have taken it to college today and have still gone outside on breaks with my classmates for our ciggie. Not once while they have had real cigs have I wanted one. Even let them have a try and a few interested in them now. Lastly I was a bit worried about if the juice was harmful in anyway, I was chatting with my chemistry teacher who had a look at the bottle contents labels, and he was really impressed and said they are not harmful at all. That good enough for me. I'm doing health science so I have been so aware recently of what im doing to my body with real cigs. Even my biology teacher who has been teaching us about diseased lungs today was very impressed with it all.

My eGo-C arrived today and after a shaky start due to a faulty atomiser head shorting out my batteries it's all go.

It's a really weird concept but I haven't needed a real ciggy since I got cracking with it. There is a funny underlying taste that comes with it despite trying 3 flavours but I'm putting that down to the make of juice I've bought, I'll try a different make next week to see how I go.

My first impression on the whole is a pretty good one, though it's still early days for me.

Digsby, I'm interested to know how you're getting on with it?

are you still happy with it, you're a couple of days ahead of me and similar circumstances with regards to your smoking habit.

Hi Northern

Have you spoken to customer services about the atomiser? If it was from totally wicked, the customer service really is good!

The flavour thing could be the juice but it could also be your taste buds. I never really believed that my sense of taste had been damaged by smoking but it is surprising! After a few days or weeks you taste really does change!

The titan juices used to be amazing but then the supplier changed and they were absolutely awful.

I've recently read on the forum that they have now reverted to the original supplier so hopefully the ones you have will be the new ones. If they really have reverted back then the ice menthol is absolutely gorgeous. I'm going to speak to customer services on Monday to make sure and if it has gone back to the original then I will be ordering bucket loads of the ice menthol and the normal menthol too.

I'll let you know if its the original and if so then I recommend you try that flavour.

Just so you know, I HATED menthol cigarettes but the juice is totally different and by far the best one I have ever tried (and I must have tried at least 60 or 70 flavours!)

Glad to know it is working for you so far.

If you have any problem with it then feel free to PM me or just go on the TW forum as the guys on there are really helpful!

Sarah

Hi Northern

Have you spoken to customer services about the atomiser? If it was from totally wicked, the customer service really is good!

The flavour thing could be the juice but it could also be your taste buds. I never really believed that my sense of taste had been damaged by smoking but it is surprising! After a few days or weeks you taste really does change!

The titan juices used to be amazing but then the supplier changed and they were absolutely awful.

I've recently read on the forum that they have now reverted to the original supplier so hopefully the ones you have will be the new ones. If they really have reverted back then the ice menthol is absolutely gorgeous. I'm going to speak to customer services on Monday to make sure and if it has gone back to the original then I will be ordering bucket loads of the ice menthol and the normal menthol too.

I'll let you know if its the original and if so then I recommend you try that flavour.

Just so you know, I HATED menthol cigarettes but the juice is totally different and by far the best one I have ever tried (and I must have tried at least 60 or 70 flavours!)

Glad to know it is working for you so far.

If you have any problem with it then feel free to PM me or just go on the TW forum as the guys on there are really helpful!

Sarah

I'm not too bothered about the atomiser head because the kit came with five, at first I thought they'd sent me knackered batteries - that would have been a problem; I soon figured out the culprit.

The funny taste might just be the new transit fluid I've read about on their forum but I'm going to try different juices anyway. The flavours are not as you imagine them to be, I bought mostly tobacco flavours but now I think it isn't how I thought it would be, kind of weird but I guess I smoked tobacco flavoured fags because that's what they were made of, now I have a choice:hihi:

Anyway, just finished a tank of apple now I'm going to load up a tank of strawberry, I can now see how ice menthol might be a good choice for the future:thumbsup:

Thanks for the reply:)

My eGo-C arrived today and after a shaky start due to a faulty atomiser head shorting out my batteries it's all go.

It's a really weird concept but I haven't needed a real ciggy since I got cracking with it. There is a funny underlying taste that comes with it despite trying 3 flavours but I'm putting that down to the make of juice I've bought, I'll try a different make next week to see how I go.

My first impression on the whole is a pretty good one, though it's still early days for me.

Digsby, I'm interested to know how you're getting on with it?

are you still happy with it, you're a couple of days ahead of me and similar circumstances with regards to your smoking habit.

Can't find the darn thing, I've been looking for it all morning.

Over the last few days though, it has done a good job imo, I deviated a little on Thursday night and had a few roll ups, and I've had no choice but to roll one up this morning because I can't find it.......still.

Well thought I'd search for electronic cigarette on my home forums and was happy to find a few people giving them a try with sucess. I had a heart attack a year ago and needed to stop smoking, I first tried a cig - look-a-like and thought this might just work.

I then went with the totally wicked 510 Tank system which was much better (as the atomizer is constantly fed) it doesnt give as many dry spots (horrrid taste) I then moved onto Cartomizers but didn't have much luck however I do now.

I moved on and use an ACTV3 (yes most will have to google it) it's basically a tank that holds the liquid and feeds a cartomizer with a hole punched in it. This works a treat and gives me all day vaping with no dry spots (carts last about a week)

I now use a "spikey thing" again google is your friend to full up Boge Low resistance cartomizers (better throat hit with LR) this fills the cartomizer very well now.

Juices

I've tried lots of different juices and come to the decision I don't like PG so my staply vape now is OkSmokey Old Holborn (Double Flavour) 18mg - Juice is a very personal thing, what one person loves another will hate, you have to try a few.

A year on and I haven't had a cig, more importantly I dont feel I have had to give up smoking, but just switched to a far heralthier option for me and others around me.

If you are interested try a google fot UK Vapers, its a fantastic forum where you will be able to ask Questions and gleem lots of information for you to make a decision on what may be best for you.

Cheap Option

Buy 2 510 type Ecig Batteries (Ego type or similar)

Buy a charger

Buy a 5 pack of Cartommizers (Boge or Kanger) and a spikey filler

Save money! this will let you try vaping properly without having to spend a lot.

Most smokers that see me vaping ask for a go and usually say, bloody hell that's good where can I get one from? Think on, you CAN stop smoking!

Archived