Guest & Grimes Rotheram.

clydesdale

Whilst working for H. Matthews,out of R.D.B,in the early 60's,i used to go to G & G, to load sometimes.Quite often i would see my old mate there Alan Powell,(R.I.P).he lived on Wybourn House Rd.next door to some lifelong friends of mine the Cowlishaws.Anyhow the lady in charge of shipping was named mrs.Vera Froggatt, and the drivers used to rib her a lot,but she gave back as good as she got.Alan ribbed her the most,but all in good faith and always,a gentleman.Always came away from there with a smile,great people to work with.Vera was mad about AL MARTINO, who is my favourite as well.(met him along with my wife,twice) Heard later that VERA,had passed away at her home in Kimberworth Park.I was told she had a son in sheffield,but didn't see much of him,unfortunatly.I moved to Canada,mid 60"s, so only got second hand info.Anyone out there remember Vera??. cheers,clydesdale.

Archived