Ultimately, a child's education is more important than a holiday

Tony

A child's education is more important than a holiday  

96 members have voted

1. 1. A child's education is more important than a holiday

As far as I can tell the only question is which of us is more determined to have the last word. You refuse to expand on your anecdote, and my responses have been perfectly clear ever since I analysed it.

When we were kids my father worked fantastically hard to provide for us and would often "suddenly" decide we were going away. When I say sudden I remember going to school one morning then mum coming to collect us as we were off to Florida. He'd got to work, cleared his diary and booked flights etc that morning then rang home and given mum not long to pack and collect us. We always took homework with us and dad believes we are "better rounded" for the travel experiences we had in our youth. It will be a few years before miss is at school but if I have the chance she will be afforded the same as we had.

As far as I can tell the only question is which of us is more determined to have the last word. You refuse to expand on your anecdote, and my responses have been perfectly clear ever since I analysed it.

Responses plural? Which one did you analyse? Can you tell us which one "it" is?

The irony of you criticising my comprehension of English is very sweet.

You can have the last word now. I'm done laughing at you. :hihi:

Responses plural? Which one did you analyse? Can you tell us which one "it" is?

The irony of you criticising my comprehension of English is very sweet.

You can have the last word now. I'm done laughing at you. :hihi:

If we're lucky you're also done posting and failing to work out what the subject of a sentence is.

---------- Post added 09-06-2013 at 11:29 ----------

You might have a degree and a career but you don't read very well do you? I never mentioned missing the first week of GCSEs (It was O levels back then) I didn't actually mention what point during the year I missed. Where did you get that from?

The funny thing is, another page on, and you still haven't actually mentioned which week it was you missed. Is it a big secret?

As for the experience of my friend, I can only relate the story she told me but like you say, you can't really comment.

I will say that from my own experience it was a school trip to Germany in my 3rd year that formed the basis for many new friendships. Going to the same school (1800+ pupils) is no guarantee of prior social interaction.

Perhaps if you spend the first 3 years in a box.

In case it wasn't clear, I disagree with the generalisations you've made and the conclusions you've drawn from two atypical analogies.

Archived